Am I the only person not actively seeking a partner?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Burnoutt, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Reading through this forum, I feel like the only thing everyone thinks about is getting a S/O. Live your life, better yourself, and be you. When someone comes along, you'll be this majestic, sexy stallion of a (wo)man who is intriguingly independent and overall dapper as fuck.

Seriously, though. You can't rely on other people or things for happiness. Once they get taken away, so does that joy. Focus on improving yourself, and be comfortable with who you are. It's the easiest way to find a partner.  :wave:

2. ive already made peace with being alone, ive pretty much dropped out of the courtship game.

3. I have trouble maintaining friendships let alone any potential relationships. I don't mind being alone, saves you money.

4. I know I'll be alone for life. I don't want a relationship anyway, I'd rather make friends with common interests and would actually want to hang out with me but that will never happen either.

5. I'm hoping to come across her someday, but I'm not searching.

6. looks like you got your answer

7. While i dont agree with the wording of your second paragragh, i will say that I wont be actively seeking a partner until 27 or 28. Its just not worth the time or effort until then, to me anyway.

8. the fact that he is so proud to be a loner

this is like the 5th post ive seen by you today.

sad life

9. How is it a sad life? If he feels its better to live alone who are you to judge him?

Concentrate on your own life...

10. the fact someone named Buddha monk would be so judgemental.

not sad, just pathetic.

11. how does one get the vag if he is alone?

12. #12 Buddha_monk, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    says the one with no friends

i got head last night from a moderately hot girl

whatd you do? (nothing)

13. im not going to flamewar with you on a fucking pot forum, take the stick out your ass and smoke a bowl and worry about yourself.

14. Shag about just don't get involved with relationships.

15. Meh, if i tell a women i spend most of my time writing/rapping shed be looking at me like im crazy. I dont have a ton of money, i dont have anytime for anybody other than myself and even hooking up if i let it slip, have a kid, thats not something im ready for in this stage of my life, not having sex sucks but the potential alternative..
    im willing to make the sacrifice to make sure that doesnt happen and that starts with not associating with women who want to go outside the bounds of friendship. Its funny because when im actively seeking somebody nobody comes around or anybody who does i aint interested in, now that im focusing on other shit its just been a flock of attention that im not really used to having, a little bit but not in an abdundance. 

My will was almost broken last night but i resisted and im glad i did.

16. I have no interest in a relationship unless I get blindsided by something, and I don't see that happening.  I'm much too selfish at this stage of life and like to keep things casual with whoever I'm seeing.

17. Someday I'll have a meaningful relationship, but for now I'm a loner

18. Fuck a relationship brothah, I'm completely happy being single. That said, it doesn't mean that I don't wanna be with women, just not in a relationship. 

This is a great post with a great point.  I wonder how many people have wasted their lives in pursuit of a mythical "somebody" to make them happy, all the while they neglect their own needs and possibilities?  It seems to me the more complete you are as a person the more prepared you are for someone you can share your life with on equal terms.  But a myopic search for "the one" usually ends up yielding as much fantasy as the silly dreams that sparked the search.

20. U people sound smart. Stay alone. Get a dog for the companionship and just jerk off. Save yourself the headache of a relationship and save/do what u want with your money.