Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I The Only One That Has Never Gotten Paranoid?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AZ Vortex, Jul 1, 2014.

1. I know so many people that say they freak out or get super paranoid when high. Am I the only one that never experiences this? I don't even understand how its possible. Weed just makes me relaxed and happy.

I have been scared/paranoid when high only when I have very good reasons to such as cops and my mom almost catching me a few times.

Why am I different? And I have smoked many different strains

2. if your mightset is straight, dont change it.  :laughing:
    paranoia comes from concerns, doubts, irrational fears, etc. you dont need that.  :cry:  :laughing:

3. People react differently, maybe you have a higher tolerance. I've been smoking for a few years, and have only felt paranoid twice, when I first started out and my tolerance was low. Smoked a whole lot and just made time move really scarily. And my body felt numb.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm the same way. I had a face to face conversation with a cop (A K9 Unit cop, none the less) with a freshly rolled J in my pocket, and I remained calm. If I was sober, Id be super paranoid that the cop would search me.

When I'm high, I'm actually reverse-paranoid.

5. maybe you dont have enough to be paranoid about, i get paranoid all the time because i encountered alot of fucked up shit before i ever started smoking

6. #6 RamAbballah, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
    Nah, you're not the only one. I think most regular smokers fall into our category. 

I don't get panic attacks or anxiety from cannabis, even the strongest Sativa, and I never have. With a Sativa I'm not as likely to be tired and am more apt to talk a lot but I would never describe it as "racy or speedy" like some do. A Sativa will still help my insomnia and ease my occasional anxiety , but not nearly so much as an Indica will.

People that do have a problem with paranoia could probably take care of that by simply reducing the dose of THC, or trying a strain with a bit more CBD. I do tend to think that the problems that some have tend to be from a relative rookie (only referring to tolerance here, not experience necessarily) simply overdosing with too much flower, or more often dabs or edibles. Of course, with cannabis you don't die, you "green out" or have a panic attack. This is just an opinion though. People can be very different in their reactions.

There is a difference, btw, between drug-induced paranoia and being paranoid because you're in a dangerous environment where bad shit happens. 

Weed is supposed to make you happy. Have fun with it and be glad, like me, that you don't have to worry about having bad trips on something as pedestrian as cannabis. 

7. #7 SkunkWoodz, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
    Don't jinx yourself......

Oh and you need to inhale, you're getting high wrong.  LOL jk I'm just envious.  I get super paranoid sometimes.

8. paranoid people kill me, i took my cousin to my house, an enclosed private house on 2.5 acres neighbors can't see because so many trees, huge front and backyard not a soul home parents out of country and the driveway is a private drive from the road to the house is like 300 feet we go in and he's jumpy as fuck every time a rabbit farts or chipmunk runs under the deck and I'm like dude chill the fuck out lol

9. I've never been paranoid enough to start a thread about paranoia.