Am I the only one on GC living on a boat?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by The Nickatina, Dec 8, 2013.

1. I moved onto it about 5 months ago, currently living in Florida and loving it!  Is there anyone else on GC that lives on a boat?  Do you have any questions about what it's like to live on a boat?

2. How do you deal with your sewage? I live in Fl as well....

3. What part?  And the boat has a holding tank for the sewage.  When it gets full I take the boat 3 miles off shore (cruise ships do this as well).  And have the macerator grind it up and dump it

4. I was thinking about doing this.  What's it like?  How do you get electricity?  How much does it cost you?

5. note to self never go swimming again

When we're anchored out. (Not paying anything to live on the boat)  I run the generator and it's about $5 an hour.  When I stay at marinas they have a place to plug in and it varies from marina to marina.  I have a 44 ft boat so it costs about $800 a month with utilities including water.  That is one of the cheaper marinas though.  Some charge $1400 a month without utilities.  It all depends on location.  I have 960 horsepower twin diesel engines that holds 300 galons.  It costs $1200 to fill the boat and I get about a mile per gallon.
    hahaha...  just feeding the fish my friend

7. #7 Saca La, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    [quote name="The Nickatina" post="19125814" timestamp="1386535867"]When we're anchored out. (Not paying anything to live on the boat) I run the generator and it's about $5 an hour. When I stay at marinas they have a place to plug in and it varies from marina to marina. I have a 44 ft boat so it costs about $800 a month with utilities including water. That is one of the cheaper marinas though. Some charge $1400 a month without utilities. It all depends on location. I have 960 horsepower twin diesel engines that holds 300 galons. It costs $1200 to fill the boat and I get about a mile per gallon.hahaha... just feeding the fish my friend[/quote]Sounds pretty pricey

8. I'm dead in the middle of the state half way between Ocala and Orlando...so where are you, Gulf or Atlantic?

9. Large bodies of water at night intimidate me.
    That's cool.

10. do you have a trust fund

11. #11 Phil Muhnuts, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Haha my dad retired.....and now he lives on a Sailboat in the keys.......just kickin it. Sold his house and gave his business to my older bro.

Lucky bastard!! Hes like one of the guys too.....hes kicks it!

Last time I stayed, I was there for 2 weeks and after coming home and sleepin in my own bed the first night......I still felt like I was on a boat rockin back n fourth.

12. This pass summer I worked for my dads friend for 3 months, got to live on his sport fishing yacht. All I did all summer was hang out with his niece and her boyfriend, smoked a lot of dro, and went tuna fishing a bunch.

The boat was a Hattaras 64'. Quite the summer, and all I had to do was take care of the boat. 

13. get back to us after your first hurricane...

14. Your on a boat......lol you can just leave

15. Atlantic of course.  I love being able to shoot over to the bahamas

Haha well I'm living with my dad on it while I take a year off before college so he's the one doing the funding

That's the way to do it man.  I plan on retiring young and getting a 50 ft catamaran with solar power and a water making anf totally living off the grid.  Someday...  someday
    That's a good sized boat.  And yea we bought an 02 and he's made me do a lot of work on the boat.  After Christmas break we're headed to the bahamas for about 5 or 6 months.

16. People like you can piss me off haha.  I used to live in Utah and everyone was bitching at me saying aren't you worried about hurricanes?  I have almost 1000 horsepower on the boat...  I can check the weather, and if there's a hurricane I'll just dip out of florida.  We also have insurance on the boat.  Don't let something like a hurricane hold you back in life...

17. #18 The Nickatina, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    [​IMG]

I've lived in Louisiana all my life, hurricanes are no big deal, you get like a weeks notice to get the fuck out. 

19. I can't do boat rides though I get sea sick as fuckkkk but that sounds fun just living on it