am I tasting burning plastic?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by korifish, Mar 7, 2013.

1. lately when i've been smoking out of my acrylic popper bong i've noticed a really weird taste. i'm used to glass pieces, so i'm not sure if it's just dirty or if i might somehow be burning plastic. i've had it for a few months and it gets a LOT of use. i change the water regularly and clean it by soaking in hot water and sometimes salt. there doesn't really seem to be anything wrong with it. i can't buy a new one (or really anything) right now, so basically i want to know if there's any chance the taste could be burning plastic? would there be some way to tell immediately if i'd been inhaling it?

2. [​IMG]
    the piece

3. Only if there is plastic to burn in the bowl, because that's where the flame is when you toke from it. The smoke would have to get pretty hot before it started melting the bong and giving you fumes, so idk what would be giving you a weird taste.

4. Not too sure about this one, could be the plastic but there are many who complain about plastic bongs and metal bowls as they supposedly release fumes

I've never had this problem this myself but there are some very experienced smokers who take this view and this might be what your experiencing

5. Nice half eaten burger

6. By popper bong do you mean as in where you put cig in the bottom of your tube then pack the weed, and 'pop' (snap) the bowl into the water after it cherry's enough. White man's crack those things are, my brother barely smokes weed now if its not a popper. If you are taking poppers it might be the cherry touching plastic before its extinguished thats causing the plastic to burn & the taste your experiencing

7. What happened with the bowl? I used to have one exactly like that but in black. It has a screw on bowl.
    Maybe it's because you're not using the bowl?
    It probably you are just tasting the smell of the acrilyc not really burning acrylic.

After you get spoiled by glass you can really notice the difference.

It's a very good piece. Milks for days. But it's hard as hell to clear it because the carb is on the back and keeps pulling from the bowl.

8. No but you're not gonna lose your virginity till you replace that mouse pad

9. What the fuck?

And to the other dude; It looks more like a sub.

10. Naw bro that's an abandoned breakfast sandwich

11. That's what I said. Therefor the word "sub" :p

12. I think he took off the bowl to make a 'Popper shaft' its just like a straight downstem (or a tube-like bowl) so that the cherry snaps down into the water. In the town next to me it's all they smoke. I find it disgusting honestly, but alot of people seem to do them in Canada. I can't stand the thought of cigs to begin with, so ruining good bud wt them I find even more pointless

13. #13 The Golden Spiral, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    That's gross. Canadians are fucked up for doing that (and I'm not even american). If t'is what op means no wonder it tastes like shit.

Edit: Sorry for acaparating your post OP, I've just lingered around because I had that bong my first one actually. brings memories back. Take care of it. And it will take care of you. I'm highly nostalgic now.pun intended

And don't do that popper shit. It's gross and it'll give you cancer.

14. poppers taste nasty. they give you one hell of a head rush, but i don't like it too much. basically numbs your brain and makes you feel sick unless you're a somewhat regular cig smoker.

15. Man you should've saved the money from that burger, bong and Cataclysm and bought a glass bong instead ;p

16. I love my 3 glass bongs :) all it takes is some iso n salt, maybe some vinegar for hard water stains, and they look brand fuckin new. And you can't beat a quality Glass on glass seal

CRtoker its not all canadians that do it, just seems to be in the Toronto area, there's still a bunch of us Canadian stoners shaking our heads at ppl ruining their herb to get addicted to the nicotine rush

17. ya please dont bunch all of us canadians in on that shit, i live in the GTA(greater toronto area) and i with almost everyone i know think its nasty, ive never smoked a cig let alone that.

18. I've always thought acrylic gave off a weird taste. Go back to glass man