Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

am i screwed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 1qazxsw2, Aug 8, 2009.

1. well i am a daily toker for months now and i havent been to a doctor in a while since high school ended so i recently went to the doctors with my mom and they said they needed to take a blood test urine and drug screen, just to see why im sick and if i have any low iron or whatever. and i had to do it same day which i blazed in the morning and now its 3. so im so choked i know its gonna be positive for thc and my rents are gonna find out what should i doooo??u think the doctor can do anything to me???? plz help thanx every1

2. They cant really do anything... at least I don't think they can... Ummm maybe someone else should tell you...

3. Three words: Doctor-Patient confidentiality. Your doctor has no right to inform your parents and they have no right to the information. If it happens find a new doc... and consider filing a complaint... Violating privilege is serious business. (This assumes your are 18+ as you should be to use this forum)

4. yeah im 20 thats not a problem. but thanx for the reply i guess ur right confidentiality but fuck its sucks gettin caught like that.

5. #6 ForYouBlue, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009

But you're not "caught" dude. Just because the doctor might see THC in your piss doesn't mean he's going to bring it up with your parents. It's illegal for him to mention anything to them without talking to you about it first and getting your permission to discuss it.

One more thing--if you're 20 why is your mommy accompanying you to the doctor? I'm not trying to be critical, but that's kind of weird unless you have some sort of serious disease or lifelong condition that she's been involved with since you were a kid.

6. He may not have another ride... ya know.

7. If you are 20 nothing will happen to you and they cannot tell your parents unless you give them permission.

8. I thought that the doctors needed to be searching specifically for THC molecules to be able to find thc in your system.

9. Nothing can happen. Doctors don't give a shit and it's against the law to tell anyone. And they have to be specifically testing for drugs to find THC, if they are only testing for low iron it won't show up.

10. If they said they are doing a drug screening that's one of the tests.

Of course the OP could just be honest with his doctor. Mine knows I smoke. He's fine with it, not that I go to him often.

11. What he said, my doc knows I smoke and everything! :wave:

12. #13 Guadalope, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    When I was sixteen, i think, might of been seventeen? I was getting dizzy, not sleeping, so the doctor asks, you doing any drugs? I was smoking weed at the time, said no of course, my mom was in the room. He says, we gotta do a blood test to see how your levels are or some shit. I've have low white blood cell counts/mono in the past, chronic fatigue. And had blood tests done all the time, was no big deal.

I most definitely tested positive for THC on every blood test. but I'm positive they aren't going to pay attention to that shit, they're looking at what is wrong with your body, not if you're a pot head (this isn't for a job or anything). It might not even come up in a blood test due to it not being a drug screen or something? I don't know.:) But don't worry nothing will go wrong:smoking:

13. Well yeah, I considered that, but it doesn't mean his mom has to be involved in the visit in any way and it kinda sounds like she may have been, especially if OP thinks the doctor is going to tattle on him.

Had he gone by himself I doubt he'd be worried about Doc telling his parents any details of the visit. It probably wouldn't have crossed his mind.

I could be wrong, obviously, but I still think it's a little strange to have your parents go to the doctor with you for routine checkups past the age of 17 or 18. That's just my opinion, though. A lot of people would disagree. It's definitely not unheard of in close families.

14. Like everyone said.. he cant tell her.. just be sure not to bring your mom with you next time.

15. if I was 20 I'd tell my rents to go fuck themselves and light up a bowl right in front of them. They're only paying for my first semester in college so... nothing to lose

but yeah the doctor shouldn't tell them. Can't you go alone without them? my mom took me to the doctor till I was 16 then I started goin by myself if I needed a physical etc.

16. The Doctor would be breaking the law if he did tell them anything without the patient's permission.

17. Ask your doctor if he likes the sucking sound of his license going do the toilet... :laughing:

18. hahahaha yo when i was younger my doctor, i was like 15-17 at the time, coudlnt do anything about that, physicals theyd always ask me if i drank or did drugs and i wouldnt lie...they aways give me the oh its killing this world trip haha but no dude nothing was done, just make sure ur a big boy and u go in alone =p

19. This right here^.

I was about to ask how the hell your rents were going to find out. It's not their business at all. You dont have shit to worry about.