Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Opelmanta1900, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Started harvesting... Large buds look good on the outside but once I started removing leaves I noticed what looks like dead buds inside... Any advice? It's just one plant and only the very top (best) buds seem affected...

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thanks... I'll try... Before drying I assume?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cut it out right away. Dry any buds that had bud mold separately from the good nugs. It can spread rather quickly and screw your whole harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I cut the 4 affected tips... Put them in a freezer bag And won't mess with them until I'm done with everything else...

Is it worth saving them after cutting out the rot? One place I saw said freeze and use for further processing... Is that wise or do they need to be dried prior to freezing?

Thanks all... A little bummed but not too big a deal, still learning all this stuff...

5. I’m thinking if you put buds with bud rot in a bag and sealed them....you may have just ruined the rest of the unaffected parts of those buds since now they will be exposed to the rotting bud stuff.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just throw them out man. It’s not worth getting sick. If you have any that you think you can save, throw them in the freezer and extract the trichs and Toss the rest. The mold grows even when dried and jarred

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

7. Understood... My bigger worry was spreading to everything that isn't affected...

8. This is where my mind is at... When I'm done trimming everything else I'm gonna take pics and see what you guys think... Its only on the inside of the top 4 colas and only where buds have pressed against each other and lost sunlight...