Am I ready?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Patrick050289, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Hi Guys,

I am after a quick opinion please.
    I have a few grows under my belt, but deciding when to chop is never my strong point.

The plant is a Barneys Farm - Laughing Buddha, and the strain suggests about 11 weeks of flowering.
    I am currently on week 8 ( almost 9 ), but I am a little thrown by the very orange hair?

Saying that, the buds look like they could do with a little fattening up still.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

2. I flower 10 weeks actual unless the plant is outright dying then it gets harvested ASAP. Rare but every now and again a near pure Indica will finish in 8 or 9 weeks. Granted mine are outside but even a dead of winter outside in the cold weak sun is done in that same 10 week window.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi buddy,

Thanks for the reply, but to be honest I don't think I understand.
    I was asking if based on the photos, the plant looks fairly near to being done?

That is the bit I always struggle with - deciding when to chop, I am rubbish at it!

4. At times I opt for a sequential harvest; take off the mains and allow another week or so for the lower tier. From the pics you could lop off a few choice nugs and keep a close eye on the remainder.

5. Thanks buddy,
    Are you saying I should chop the top now?

I am not at the 10 week recommended by the breeder yet? Should I disregard it and chop?

6. I'd wait another week or two unless your going for that head high turning into head ache high.

7. Wait. Look at the lower buds still not nearly ready.

8. Same thing I said.