Am I over dressing for this interview?

Discussion in 'General' started by folied, Sep 20, 2010.

1. I have an interview for panera bread on tuesday and I've only had one interview before this and I wore a dress shirt with a tie and dress pants.

I want to wear a dress shirt w/ a tie and dress pants for panera but my girlfriend is saying thats over the top and will look stupid.

I don't think it will look stupid if I go to an interview looking professional even if it is for a fast food place?

I also have gauges and I feel like if I dress nicer they'd be more willing to over look them.

2. It probably is overkill for a fast food job but it's not like it will hurt your chances.

3. I dunno about all the time, but most of the time it's better to overdress than underdress.

4. I wouldn't wear a dress shirt with a tie, that would be more of something to wear to a very serious job interview. I'd wear a nice pair of khakis and a polo or a nice shirt. Definitely look nice and proper, but a dress shirt might be too much for Panera. Either way, though, they won't not hire you because you dress too nice, ya know?

5. I'd where some nice slacks with a nice polo or something. Don't wear a dress shirt and tie for Panera, but either way dress nice and you will have a good chance.

6. Absolutely not. Appearence is key in an interview. First impressions are important
    [​IMG]

7. Just wear what you're confident in. I wore a fucking Bill Murray t-shirt and jeans to my last interview and got the job. And it wasn't fast food.

Dazzle the interviewer with your charm and experience. They wont give a shit what you look like.

8. Shirt and tie are probably overkill, but who cares. Do you think they will reject you because you chose to dress professionally? I would be impressed that you cared enough to get dressed up for the interview, make me think that the job would be important to you.

9. Wear some nice khaki's and a plaid button up shirt or something. Look clean and presentable but no ties or anything. that is kinda over-dueing it.

10. It really isnt. A tux would be overkill. Semi-formal casual is the way to go.

Oh, tuck in your pants man

11. Ditch the tie, and sport some khakis or some dark denim you'll be good

12. I will admit I am confused, I was always taught, and pretty much everyone I know agrees, that overdoing things like this was a good thing. :confused:

13. i wouldnt wear the tie, but it wont hurt.
    dont wear a tux or a suit, but just about anything else will be fine. or...
    [​IMG]

14. its been said, Dress for the job you want. Tie may be a little overkill, but as long as it is tasteful and matches the shirt, go for it. If you are going to stand out against the competition as least you'll be known as the guy that wore a tie :)

good luck

15. It usually is. Its better to be safe, than to show up unprepared.

Its the same with boy scouts and EMTs

Im doing my EMT shit, and the basic rule they have is "When in doubt, load and go"

Meaning if they might not need to go to the hospital, its better to do that than to leave and have the patient die a few hours later.

16. As long as you look clean and are dressed nicely it should be fine just don't forget to show personality. You have to answer interview questions with confidence.

17. A shirt and tie is serious. Show your potential employer that you're serious about the job and wear it.

18. If you think you look nice and don't think it's too much then wear it... who cares what other people think.

If you wanna tone it down, take the tie off.

19. A former professor of mine used to say that it's impossible to overdress for a job interview.

Even if you do dress more formally than the job would normally require, all it does is show the interviewer that you really care about getting the job, which, 99 times out of 100, is a sign that you will take the actual job seriously.

20. My friend went in for a Bass Pro Shop interview, she said the guy before her came in in a Tuxedo... like, straight up formal wear. Step Brothers style lmao... he didn't get the job. She did, and she was wearing a nice shirt, jeans and sandals