am i growing in the rite direction +rep?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by petedav, Dec 8, 2010.

1. #1 petedav, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
    hi all at gc, im trying to grow 2 og kush #18, 1 red dragon and 5 white rhino cuttins in soil.
    they all under 250w cfls fr now @400hps for flowering.
    my seedlings are 28 days since sprouted and im going 2 take clones when they are old enough.[when will these baby,s be showing pre flowers?]
    they all in a tent, temps 77f 54% humidity lights on.
    all critisism or advice welcome and thanks for stopping by...:wave:

Attached Files:

2. #2 Popeye, Dec 8, 2010
    Whats up pete. You wont know sex till you switch the lights. If you take clones keep track of what mother they have in case there is a male.
    What is your feeding schedule, and with what. Looks like your going to have a serious cal/mg issue. Your fan leave are yellowing. Straighten that out before you do anything. You can use epsom salt, molasses or a store bought suppliment. If they are that yellow before you switch the lights its going to get real bad real quik. Hope this helps. I have a few pics in my journal of your def. if you care to take a look.
    Attached Thumbnails

3. thanks for the reply blutis,
    all my seedlings are feminized and my friend gave me the rhino clones where he had ran out of room lol.
    when my seedlings were 14 days old i fed them ionic grow:mad:i didnt realise till next day they were starting to get burnt leafs and realised what i had done wrong, i had fed them grow nutes i dont think that was a good thing..do you think they will get over this?? it says on my medium that theres 4 weeks feed in my soil so i should be just watering them.? thanks

4. #4 Popeye, Dec 8, 2010
    Theres a few different opinions on the feed in the soil thing. Personally when your plants are as old as yours you should be giving nutes regaurdless of what your soil package says. You should be feeding ferts with heavy Nitrogen while in veg. When you switch the light cycle start with heavy Phosforus. I realy think thats a cal mg issue.

Click on my journal below and look at post 159. If your fan leaves look like these its cal/mg. Also the burnt leaf tips are the sign of over nutes. Maybe a good flush, followed by a 1/2 strength feeding might work for you

5. ok thanks, but can i still take cuttins if i feed them with ionic grow feed? thanks

6. let me ask the the holy of all questions is this your first grow? if it is then welcome if not then continue the good work.

okay now thats out of the way lets get started.first it seems that you are a little low on light the good rule of thumb is 100w per plant this is optimal lighting.you can still get good grows with less but more is always better so for your next grow just keep that in mind. now there is two ways to have pre flowers show you can either switch the lighting to 12/12 or wait till the plant is fully mature which can take up to several months of veg to show. the best why i think is to wait out the couple of moths till it shows them naturally but you will have one hell of a tree on your hands so it is not always the most practical of ways. but this is what you can do since a clone will be the exact same as the plant you took it from just take a clone from each plant and remember to label which one you took it from. then throw the clones straight into flower and in week or two the clone will show the sex and that will be the sex of the plant you took it from that way you can let the original plants get bigger and know which one not to wast your time throwing into flower.

as for the yellowing of the leaves i would hold off and see if it spreads because some of my leaves die randomly but everything is in check so if you notice it spreading then you know you deff have a problem. as for your nutes i dont know anything about yours but i would suggest fox farm line it works wonders for me but thats up to you if you want to or not. if you do be gentle with it they are HOT!.

i personally stay away from pre fert soil as it makes it easier to nute burn the plants and is harder to flush out when time comes to harvest. i would suggest making your own there are tons of recipes on here or buying organic bag soil.

if you dont understand anything just ask
    also if you have any other questions either post here or pm im always happy to help

happy grow

7. that kush and dragon are def ready to start gettin nutes, those rhinos could possibly wait longer so they can establish a good root zone before you start hittin em with nutes.

never go full strength on your nutes (fuck what the bottle says). start off really light and up the strength as you progress....your plants will tell you when they've had enough or if they are not getting enough

8. Well said.

9. why thank you

10. hey thanks guys.
    if i give them feed can i still take clones before flowering? oh they are fem seeds so shud be girls they been on 24/7 for 29 days today i also put my 400hps on them for 10 hours a day?

11. i dont see why not lol