Am I going to gain weight because of this?

Discussion in 'General' started by s3v loves you, Jan 25, 2012.

1. So far this week I've barely ate. On sunday all I had was a burrito from Taco Bell. The past 2 days, I ate a banana for breakfast. Then snacked on a few grapes around 4. Then come home around 6 and eat a can of tuna. I'm also drinking alot of water. I plan on doing this all week, because I want to start a water fast next week.

I've heard that not eating can actually make you gain weight, which I've always believed to be true. Basically I'm trying to get my body used to not eating much, and maybe lose a couple pounds. I plan on going on a strictly fruit/juice diet starting around thursday, and on monday I will start the fast

2. You should still get all the essential nutrients your body needs, and get a decent amount of exercise.

Just eating won't work that well I think.

3. What the fuck are you doing to yourself?

A fruit juice diet? Eat a fucking meal Nicole Richie.

4. Yep. Not eating will put your body in starvation mode this will cause your body to hold onto all the fat you eat when you do again because it won't know when you'll eat again.

Your best bet is to graze throughout the day and eat plenty of fiber. You want to be able to poop out the things your body doesn't want to hold onto.

5. Dude what the...

You're not accomplishing anything. You are Harming your own body. Are you trying to gain weight? Eat more that's all.

Juicing is horrible as well, you will start having strong abdominal pains, and pee with blood or when you go poop.

When you chew, the body prepares to digest . When drinking liquids it doesn't. You need solids.

I've seen this happen to people what's your goal exactly?

6. Starving yourself won't make you gain weight. You see any fat kids in Africa? An all water diet is stupid as fuck. You're getting absolutely zero nutrients.

7. Oh wait bro. No what you're doing is super bad for you. I remember that was almost like a fad diet from back in the day.

People would eat only fruits in the morning then meats at night. Thing is a lot of them became depressed and the guy who came up with the diet ended up killing himself a while later.

No go dude. Eat your proper food triangle thingies

8. Not eating will help as long as you fucking walk EVERYWHERE you go lol.

But that's gonna take a huge fuckin toll on your energy dude... you gotta keep your strength up. Just grow a pair and start working out and shit.

9. [quote name='"NajeBeats"']Oh wait bro. No what you're doing is super bad for you. I remember that was almost like a fad diet from back in the day.

People would eat only fruits in the morning then meats at night. Thing is a lot of them became depressed and the guy who came up with the diet ended up killing himself a while later.

No go dude. Eat your proper food triangle thingies[/quote]

There's most likely something else that contributed to this that you overlooked. Who the fuck kills them self because they eat mango in the morning and steak at night?

10. I believe it, a lack in the proper nutrients can create a chemical imbalance which could potentially lead to depression.

11. Who the fuck can afford to eat that fancy shit anyway?

Canned peaches in the morning and spam at night maybe lol.

12. [quote name='"blazethatgreen"']

I believe it, a lack in the proper nutrients can create a chemical imbalance which could potentially lead to depression.[/quote]

Well yeah that I understand. But suicide? To commit suicide you need some sort of motive, what was this guys motive?

13. [quote name='"BUDDAMUNK"']

Well yeah that I understand. But suicide? To commit suicide you need some sort of motive, what was this guys motive?[/quote]

If I could remember the guys stupid name.

I know he killed himself because the system of diet made a lot of people depressed almost all of the people who were on it and he fell into such a severe depression that he ended up just killing himself.

It was on my moms list of diets not to participate in when she was being screened for her gastric bypass surgery.

(Before it's said, no he wasn't just scaring them into not dieting he actually made her work out every morning for a year before he actually did the surgery)

14. Not gonna gain weight but your gonna lose a lot of muscle and not lose nearly as much weight as you expect. This is a dumb idea just go to the gym, drink lots of water, and eat balanced/healthy diets throughout the day. It's not hard unless you smoke way too much weed like I used to.

15. [quote name='"Eight Sizzler"']Dude what the...

You're not accomplishing anything. You are Harming your own body. Are you trying to gain weight? Eat more that's all.

Juicing is horrible as well, you will start having strong abdominal pains, and pee with blood or when you go poop.

When you chew, the body prepares to digest . When drinking liquids it doesn't. You need solids.

I've seen this happen to people what's your goal exactly?[/quote]

Didn't I state my goal? I'm preparing myself for a water fast. I'm eating light this week and next week I'm just going to drink water. I am a little overweight, I'm not anorexic or anything.

16. [quote name='"s3v loves you"']

Didn't I state my goal? I'm preparing myself for a water fast. I'm eating light this week and next week I'm just going to drink water. I am a little overweight, I'm not anorexic or anything.[/quote]

Still this isn't a healthy thing to do whatsoever , I would avoid it.

17. Water/juice fasts are actually pretty good for you if you are prepared. Its a form of detoxification, I don't know about losing/gaining weight though

18. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']Water/juice fasts are actually pretty good for you if you are prepared. Its a form of detoxification, I don't know about losing/gaining weight though[/quote]

That's the thing, I'm trying to prepare myself by not eating much. And the little that I do eat is healthy

19. [quote name='"s3v loves you"']

That's the thing, I'm trying to prepare myself by not eating much. And the little that I do eat is healthy[/quote]

Yeah I'm no expert on this, but I'm pretty sure that's what youre supposed to do. And when you're off your fast slowly start eating little by little too

20. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']

Yeah I'm no expert on this, but I'm pretty sure that's what youre supposed to do. And when you're off your fast slowly start eating little by little too[/quote]

Yeah, fo'sho. I've read that you should eat like one orange when you break the fast. Then the next day an apple and some juice, etc etc