Am I going crazy?

Discussion in 'General' started by Twist3d, Feb 2, 2011.

1. #1 Twist3d, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
    Let me share something with you guys and hopefully someone can help me, sorry for making the post so large, I'll really appreciate if someone reads it all.

Seems like when you try weed for your first time (I have been smoking for 4 years now) your perspective of life and things changes... I started reading a lot of things about cannabis, (even before I started to smoke) medical uses, its benefits, cannabis on the industry, etc...
    Then you start to notice that the illegality of cannabis is pure bullshit and hypocrisy, and our leaders have been lying to us, and they created bad thoughts about cannabis, and that's why when people listen to the word "marijuana" an ugly face comes to their face, and saying "Oh, its a dangerous drug". People trust more in drugs that they buy at the pharmacy, than something natural, you can grow by your own and it WONT kill you.

I'm the only one in my house who believes that... My mom is totally against it, my brother knows I smoke (He doesn't like it, but he doesn't bother me either).

The reason of that title is because, I don't know if I'm really going crazy... But on my daily basis, all I can think of is "Oh, marijuana can really help you mom/brother"

My mom, is a great mom, but stresses/worries too much about everything (things that she cant control), she needs to be more relaxed, I mean, she worries about every little thing about life, driving herself crazy, she constantly suffers from back/head pains (arthritis) too. The doctor told her that she suffers from emotional blood pressure and anxiety, he prescribed her some anti-depressants (Oh God... she takes them like everyday, I know, so bad...), she also has some post-traumatic stress (my dad passed the way 2 years ago)...

AND ALL I CAN THINK OF IS: MOM, PLEASE EAT/VAPORIZE SOME GANJAH!

My brother is an awesome brother too!
    But! Yeah, like my mom, he stresses/worries too much about everything, hes kinda of an angry person (almost always angry), I'm pretty sure he suffers a little bit of depression (not like an emo "No one likes me, I hate myself, I want to kill myself" nothing like that), He also comes home very tired from work (back/neck/head pains, caused by sitting all day in front of a computer), sometimes he cant sleep. He used to laugh so much, he was so optimistic, happy, etc... But since he grew up (hes 25, problems at work, with girls, he could finish his career, etc...) he became like that and also...

AND ALL I CAN THINK OF IS: BRO, PLEASE SMOKE SOME WEED!

I know weed can't solve problems, but, It can help you get through them, it helps me, and a lot of people...
    I mean, its an awesome antidepressant, painkiller, muscle relaxer, it helps you sleep, some euphoria is not bad at all....

Am I going crazy or weed can really help my family?

Thanks for reading...

2. #2 Vinyard, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
    Bro you are definitely not crazy to think that at all. I think the same thing with many people I know, I look at them and how seriously they take everything in life and feel bad. Then i think of weed and how much it helps me, and want so bad just to roll them a joint and be like, "here smoke this." But nope, can't do that when it's frowned upon society and some people would just look at you like you're nuts just cause of a beautiful plant. Sigh... maybe one day.

3. No, you're just educated on the medicinal benefits of weed.

4. Idk ill have to consult with my 6 other personalities ill get back to you.

5. You should just sit down with your mom and ask her to try it out, the worst thing she could do is say no right? I know too many people with anxiety disorders that NEED medical mj but haven't found the path yet. I have OCD and I thank mother earth for this natural relaxer every day...

6. Not crazy one bit. It's sad that you even have to question that, but I know theres SO many people that feel like crazy or guilty over some ganj. It's a natural herb that can do pretty much anything depending on what for its in. I watched a documentary the other day like "can cannabis cure cancer" and...yep..it totally killed the cancer cells (ONLY the bad ones, kept the good ones unlike in chemo) in a lab rat. It's ridiculous that its illegal but it obviously stems back much further than it just being good/bad for you. It def has to do with the wealth of pharmaceutical companies. They pay off the top to keep it illegal, because if it were made legal something like 30/40% of aliments could be treated by prescribing cannabis instead of super expensive pills. They would lose out on a fuckload of money, and they will make sure that never happens.

It's really frustrating that as a whole the common person cannot understand this. They really do think "WELL, ITS ILLEGAL FOR A REASON SO ITS BAD", when thats just an ignorant assumption. If anyone who said that did an hours worth (or less) of research on the topic they'd realize that it has infinite benefits that would simply blow countless companies out of the water. People need to join together and realize what the common enemy is, and it isn't a plant.

Bottomline- it's a flower. It grows from the ground, it can be used in many ways including fuel/clothing/medicine/therapy/treatment for cramps/curing diseases/etc, and we need to push for experimenting with its full potential. Imagine if labs in the US worked with cannabis extensively, imagine all the incredible new things it could be used for! It's a swiss-army-knife plant and the government knows all too well.

/rant.

7. Great response peacelove&420!

I cant stand someone complaining about headaches or back pains, then they take a pill, that fucks up their stomach!

:(

8. My boyfriend's mom has all these things wrong with her neck, constant pain, and has to take 15 pills for it to even be able to stand it. Whats even more ridiculous is that only TWO of them are for pain, and the rest are for the side-effects of those 2 pills...

9. Not at all man. I'm having a virtual battle with my family.

If my dad doesn't get his stress/blood pressure under control soon he's going to die. I keep telling them every day about cannabis and how it would be perfect for him. He has chronic pain from a bicycle accident in his college days, his back is really fucked up, he has really high bp, he's always stressed, is always angry.

I mean come on that's like everything cannabis is good at resolving!

I'm just going nuts I don't want my dad to die but nobody takes me seriously.

10. I feel so sorry for your father, I hope u can help him through cannabis.

I need to know HOW CAN I HELP MY MOM?

I wont go and tell her directly "Hey mom, you should try marijuana, it will help you a lot"

I've shown her The Union, a few months ago, her response was "Wow, that documentary is inducing people to try marijuana, telling you its good, that's why we have so many drug addicts"

AND I WAS LIKE :eek::eek::eek:

MOM WHAT THE FUCK, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

PD: She doesn't know I smoke weed, if I were her, I've would totally know my son smokes weed lol.

11. OP : I think YOU need to smoke some weed.

12. Ok, done.

Now what?

Very helpful... :p

13. Good...

I said you should smoke some weed first coz in trying to help others, you seemed to have forgotten to take care of yourself.

14. :eek:

Maybe true, but others need more help than I do :(

Others = My family :confused_2:

15. Right.... forgot about that... you're talking about your own family...

But still. If they're not going to pickup weed anytime soon, may be they might pick up your chill attitude. If you have chill attitude, that is...

And to have chill attitude, you gotta light it up...

16. What the fuck is this thread about?:confused:

17. It's about a stoner, the OP, who has a non-stoner brother and non-stoner mom, who are always stressed and in bad mood.

So the OP wants to help them out by suggesting weed to them, but he's not sure how to do it, or if it's the best thing to do.

He wants the relieve some of the stress and pressure from his family members, and he is going crazy over it.

Something like that.

18. God damn. The answer is easy. Bake some into a cake and make those bitches eat it. Once they are fried, feel things out and wait for the right time to let em know what's up. It'll probably be best to make sure that they are in the middle of some hysterical laughter, so that even if they get pissed it'll be somewhat attenuated.

Best of luck OP.

19. Brilliant!

There you go, OP. Problem solved.

:D

20. I'm getting a few bucks next week... So, I'll be able to buy 1/2 OZ (Of mids... yeah... I'm not rich)

Sounds easy... :p

Problem is about to get solved :smoke:

Well.. What if they have a bad trip? Its pretty common on first timers, and I don't know a lot about edibles and dosage (I can make weed milk and firecrackers, that's it)

Oh, and nice summary about the thread GGrass :smoke: