Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I experiencing withdrawal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Spectr, Dec 31, 2011.

1. So i usually smoke 1-3 times a week and never felt anything as far as withdrawal or tolerance increase. So winter break rolls around and i buy 1/4O for it. I smoked probably 26-28 times over 8days to use up that quarter (i also smoked out my girlfriend 5 times and sold 1g to my friend). In.the begining 2 hits and i was blazed at the end it was more like 5.
    So its been about 5 days since i smoked and i feel like crap. I have looked online and weed withdrawal online is irritability insomnia lack of appetite unable to relax n that kinda thing. My friend who's smoked every day for 8months stopped to let her tolerance decline and she said she felt sick and nauseous. I'm not sure if its coincidence or not but I'm feeling the same way right now. Overall body ache no appetite (for a 230lbs 6'6 Guy that's kinda unusual) just that general sickly feeling.

So i thought i would ask the community of grasscity to help me out.

Is this a normal thing for withdrawal symptoms or is it just coincidence that i feel like crap now? And would the amount i smoked be enough to trigger withdrawals?

Thanks for reading my story and answering if you did.

Happy toking :bongin:

-Spec

2. I don't know about the body aches that's never happened to me before but when I used to smoke heavily and then take a break yeah, I would feel nauseous, couldn't sleep the first few nights, no appetite at all

3. From personal experience, I'd say you haven't smoked enough to experience "withdrawals" really. The lack of appetite could be possible from that, but besided that, it's probably coincidence.

4. Did you maybe just party to hard...? Ive been a daily smoker for about 13 years, but when I go to the cottage or camping, basically when Im in nature with just a few good buddies/wives/gfs afterwards after a lot of smoking in that week or two, I usually just stop smoking all together.

Feel to sluggish, just want to sit around all day, dont want to go back to work. It could be just partying to much all at once, but...well Im older lol

5. i dont think a quarter is anywhere near enough to cause any kind of physical dependance. after all, weed causes less physical dependance than caffeine so...i dont know, i may be wrong. you might just be getting sick. cannabis does stimulate the immune system...i think.

6. Yeah man. I've noticed withdrawal from weed too. For like 3-5 days after my last sesh I won't eat a lot and at night I'll start feeling anxious and even sometimes depressed. Last time I quit I legitimately had to go out and walk around by myself with my ipod to calm my nerves. I was in a shit mood and I couldn't figure out why.

There's definitely withdrawals from weed, but since it's not nearly on par with withdrawal from harder drugs, most people don't really consider them. You can't really say it's unbearable. Sometimes I actually enjoy it because it's like you can feel your tolerance getting lower. In another day or two you should feel much better.

7. Happens to me too. Pretty sure everyone experiences some sort of withdrawal after a long smoke period.

8. The appetite and sleeping problems were the only "withdrawal" symptoms I've ever felt. Body aches havent happened to me, not even multiple times daily for months...

Everyone is different though. I do believe that body aches and headaches could be withdrawal symptoms from weed. Most people don't believe in the withdrawal symptoms because those that have them usually don't become regular users.