Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I Doing This Correct? (Oil)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by pikkerc, May 12, 2016.

1. I have 3 Tablespoons of regular dairy butter inside of a cleaned out salsa jar. Sitting inside water of the same level as the butter @ 225-230oF.

It's 1:30AM now. If I cook this butter with these settings until 8:30AM, will I have some good butter?

P.s. Decarbed weed @ 240oF for 20 minutes spread wide between some tin foil. Came out a light brown/brown-green color.

Am looking for enougg butter for waffles in the morning and some potatoes later on! Thanks!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well it's 7 am and I just filtered my butter into a cup. Rolling a Jay now to medicate so I can eat and hopefully slapping some of this butter onto some French toast waffles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Because I'm at work now and I feel EXTREMELY medicated and have since around 12pm.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sounds like you got it on point! I'ma have to try this sometime when I'm short on butter.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'm just being argumentative.

bump

• Like Like x 3
  6. I am getting off work now, will post pics of my finished butter that's been in the fridge!

All in all the taste is pretty extreme but the effects with just about o e tablespoon of butter on some waffles has me feeling really chilled out. For about an hour I was giggle and absent but I'm feeling good.

Am thinking i need to decarb weed for 30-45 minutes next time. Still have 2 tablespoons of butter I will be putting in some mashed potatoes later today!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Is super delicious and works great! I think it came out beautifully. This is 2 tbsp

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. Psychedelic Sam has done testing of decarb times and recommends 40 minutes at 240F. He has done at lot of testing to verify and replicate results. It works for me. I'd like some of those potato's, please.

• Like Like x 5
  9. if you're doing less then an eighth and you ground up the ganja you'll be fine with the decarb you did pikkerc. You can tell by the color, smell and taste if it was decarbed properly. Sounds to me like you hit it on the spot. Decarb to long and you end up with a waste of money. The long 40 minute decarb at 240 or 245 F is for whole buds and larger chunks of ganja, where amounts as much as an ounce or more are being decarbed in real bakers oven. Not the piece of crap electric stove one has in their little apartment. At least it was like that in my apartment lol. You really need to judge the daycare by how the ganja comes out in the end. Dry, darker and smelling funky funky funky!

As far as dosing goes, a quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja per person seems to be pretty right on for most users. You might sub the butter for coconut oil and use a coffee warmer or hot plate set on low or even a crock pot set on low would work, to let the oil and decarbed ganja to steep over night. If you grind up the ganja fine before you put it in the oil it will steep far better. That and you won't have to strain the ganja out unles you want to. I never do.

I keep a few grams of decarbed ganja in a pill bottle in the freezer for single dose edibles. Just grad a quarter of a gram to a half of a gram, grind it fine between spoons, warm it in milk for 10 minutes, add coco and let it set for ten more minutes, drink and get so baked it's redonkulous! Sprinkle the specified amount on cookie dough, work it in and th n reform I to a cookie. Bake as directed and get high like you wouldn't believe. Sure sure, making proper butter or oil is definately the way to go when making edibles and it's what I do myself most of the time. It's just that sometimes I wake up and I hurt real bad so this work amazingly well in a pinch.

Glad it worked out for ya! And remember that decarbing is key to amazing edibles. If you eat edibles that lack the punch you were expecting, I bet they fucked up the decarb and usually didn't decarb it long enough. Pre heated oven at 240*F for 20 to 45 minutes, depending on the oven in question, the amount of ganja being decarbed, the container it is being decarbed in (foil packet, covered baking sheet, etc, etc) and how the ganja was processed before it went in the oven. All of that wil effect how your decarb turns out. So never ever fucking ever just throw down with a generic 240F for 35 minutes or what ever, check on your decarbing ganja and remember how long it took for your oven, in your house, using your method takes to get the perfect decarb. That's how it's done.
    :metal:

• Like Like x 8
  10. I would have used a much smaller container to start with.

Glad it turned out, tho.

11. Hey guys I'm about to make some MORE butter tomorrow. This time probably with 4-5 grams of some Girl Scout Cookies I got recently!

Pics of bud soon. And taking some advice above I think I will just use a hot plate over night.

12. Eat it all man

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looks good!

14. Alright guys so here goes round number 2. This time with 2.5 Grams of some Girl Scout Cookies!

I have decarbed the buds properly @ 240oF in my standard electric oven for 20 minutes. It came out a light & crispy brown, which I forgot to take a picture of.

I have my crock pot on low and I am using a glass mason jar lid tight inside of the crock pot.

I will be cooking my butter until 12am or until I decide to go to bed. Any input is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Couldn't you skip your oven decarb? Wouldn't heating it in the butter inside your crockpot for so long decarb it? I think you're decarbing twice but who can argue with success?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Na, that's not how it works. It absorbs into the butter.

• Like Like x 1
  17. What absorbs into the butter?