Am I defective?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Zomagad, Sep 23, 2010.

1. #1 Zomagad, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
    Ok, heres my problem, I cant seem to get a girlfriend... Well I have several "girlfriends" but no real girlfriend.

Scenario one: I was in English class of my first semester, and I kept making eye contact with this reeaaallly fine girl. Anyways afterwards we got talking and I got her number. We text and she tells me to meet her outside on a bench on the campus on the green (field) So I go and she tells me some random bullshit about english class and how the teacher has issues with her do to the fact that she is disruptive. I listened and tried my hardest to pretend I gave a shit, then I asked her "Did you want to go to the movies after?" She replies that she cannot since she's got class until 9:30. Anyways we depart and she dosen't really seem to have much interest now.

Scenario two: There's this hot chick at work, more or less one of those hot blondes that all they do is party... So anyways for the summer work party she came to pick me up to drive me there, and she brought her hot friend (go figure) anyways we smoke 3 bowls or whatever and then we go in. So it seems like we got together fine, but then when I text the chick at work to go out for a movie, she just says she's busy... I know Im not ugly or anything, my dentist recommended me to go to jaw modeling cuz apparently i've got perfect jaw-bone structure... Even my co-workers friend said in "good looking".

There are a lot more scenario's too, all very similar. I try to make the move, but it always put me backwards, and im really loosing confidence... Why cant I pick up these chicks :( :confused:

Are my expectations too high? I mean I guess Im competing with chicks that are "dank" (LOL cant believe i said that), i've never really settled for the "schwag" or "mids" when it comes to women, I guess then it's just because I have too much ego? Is my nose too high in the air, am I cocky? I really don't get it...

Any ideas? I'm starting to feel like shit.

EDIT: The chicks Im going for dont have the scene, or piercing look, their more the flashy preppy kind.

2. i don't know. just keep trying. all you can do is try

3. #3 Jimi Thing, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
    The movies line is a bit cliche and not a good way to get to know someone since you can't talk during the movie. It makes for an awkward first date. Try a drink (if your 21) or if not just coffee or something like that. Don't let it shake your confidence because that's what you need the most. They may have been telling the truth and really didn't have time.

4. Just keep at it man. Shit takes time and that's what makes it good. Enjoy life as it is and it'll happen sooner or later

5. I dont know, its just seems like every time its useless, and they try to find an excuse... I don't smell, I dress nicely, all I can see now is maybe the fact that I may act slightly immature for my age, and the fact that I look a bit younger than I really am, and maybe cocky.

6. ^-----This is basically true and the nice way of putting it.

But in reality I think u need to think of what yer saying before u say it. I myself am very outspoken so I know your pain, but u just rated how attractive women are with weed slangs and went on how your dentist said u should be a "jaw model" because u have a perfect jaw line. Thats just way random and a bit out there. LOL.

7. Bro there's too many girls in the world to get upset over the ones who don't even like you. You seem like you have a decent head on your shoulders, chicks dig that. You're genetically made to attract the kind of girls you should be with

8. I am high, and pretty random guy too. Dont worry Im not either when i speak to women

9. Honestly op, I have the same problem. But what works for me is alcohol. It gets you talking, its fun, and it usually leads to sex, and then after that, the woman will have a much better understanding of who you are, and what your intentions are, then....she should make her decision to be your gf or not.

not to say that all girls fuck when their drunk....but...they do haha.

(edit: this is pending on you being good in bed however....or at least just not sucking real bad since you guys could be hammered)

10. if you're looking for a girlfriend, like a potential-wife.. i suggest not fucking on the first date :p plant the seed of love, and let it grow to something beautiful.

11. same shit has happened to me. I think a girl likes me I ask her out or ask for her number, I get the number or even hang out with her a few times but then nothing she ends up ignoring me and I move on.

I think getting dates is pretty tough for guys unless you are super good looking or have other characteristics that stand out like you are really funny and popular, girls like that.

other than that it's tough I think. you pretty much have to try and try and try until you meet someone that likes you.

12. oh and one thing...... most girls will let you know if they like you, so if you sense they dont' like you then move on to the next dont' waste time.

also lately, well since my ex gf dumped me I have stopped trying to get a gf, trying to get a girlfriend doesn't seem to work for me at least, you come off as desperate and too eager and I just end up scaring girls away.

I just think if it happens it will happen.

13. It sounds to me like you go for the "dumb bitch" type. No offense at all, it's just that the dumb blond party girls aren't exactly the type to hold a meaningful relationship. They have all the outer beauty but they're empty on the inside, good luck holding a conversation with that type. I think you need to just let shit come to you and expand your taste, some girls might not be the flashy, fake bitch preppy type but they've still got it going on...go for one of those chicks.

14. Yes, you are defective and should return yourself for a better model.

But really, i agree with the other posts. The movie approach may be too cliche and these girls may be looking for something a little more engaging. Keep at it homeslice.

15. #16 Slang, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    edit