Am I An Idiot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by I Grow Weed, Apr 15, 2011.

1. So me and my friend have decided that we are going to get into the marijuana cultivation business. We live in a shitty small town with a lot of wooded area, overlooked fields, and a lot of potential growing spots. Using the amazing state of the art technology of Google Maps, we have found a plethora of spots in and around our area of living. Some of the spots we plan to use might be a couple cities over, but the general area all looks about the same.

A lot of the areas are in fields on the side of the road. I have personally scouted most of the potential places of planting, and it would be rare for people to go back into most of these spots. I also plan to use cornfields, and wooded spots with nice clearings in the middle of them.

Our plan is to have 200+ plants. If our math is right, and we can get a pound of weed per plant, we should be get a good $320,000. After we take into account that half the plants will be destroyed, eaten, or just won't keep growing, we figure our income may be cut in half.

My question is, are we biting off more than we can chew? We are well aware of the potential legal ramifications involved, but what we aren't totally aware of is how much work is involved in maintaining the plants. We just plan to germinate them, put them in a small pot that the roots could expand out of, and in the cover of darkness take them to our specified locations to put them in the ground. Some spots we could regularly keep an eye on, while others we would just have to hope for the best.

So are we just a couple retards trying to make a quick $100,000, or is our idea so mindblowingly genius that your head just exploded?

2. If you got the areas! Are you going to buy seeds? or just bagseeds? Got to consider getting males if your going to use bagseeds, but that sounds badass! :]

3. Not trying to be a bummer man, but GC is not the place to be talking about selling/distribution and whatnot. Two guys pulling 320 grand the first time they grow is a pretty ridiculous goal. Why dont you look into manufacturing meth:rolleyes:

4. You should start small first. At least do a test run the first year with less than 100. Then you can gauge how much you all can handle.

Don't get caught!

5. there's this profession that's popped up just from situations like this.

what happens is somebody searches for telltale signs (your power meter spinnin like a bitch, the smell of ozone from your filters, any trash/trim) and then they go hire some guy/guys to kick down your door with masks and guns and rob/possibly kill you. they get like 6-7grand a pop just for that. i met a guy that does it. wouldnt want to know how many people he's killed

6. 200 one pound sized pot plants... You better have a huge secret forest. And, lots of nutrients. And be ready for tons of maintenance (which will put you in risk of being caught as you're maintaining them).

7. We aren't gonna be in one forest. Our spots have been carefully scouted with Google Maps and some in person. Some of the spots may only be able to handle one plant, whereas others could have up to ten.

How important are nutrients in the growing process? I've heard that they don't matter as much as it's made out to be. It would really save us a lot of time and risk if we don't have to constantly go back and check on the plants and give them nutrients.

We don't care about growing really high quality weed, we'd be alright with just some reg weed to sell.

8. Just remember u get outta your plants wat u put into them give them a little love and they will give you alot

9. i don't think 2 people could maintain a 200+ plant crop all spread out well enough to turn 320 grand off it, especially with outdoor

you're just begging for trouble

10. What are your thoughts about planting along telephone pole routes if it's a little ways into the forests around them? Cornfields? Should we worry about the pesticides involved?

11. The former.

12. pick up jorge cevantes's book and do some research on guerilla growing. i think you'll find its a lot harder than it sounds. you'll make more money growing 2-3 plants in your closet.

13. Your first mistake was putting this shit on the web. Are you serious?! "Hey I want to illegally cultivate and sell/distribute for profit...good idea?"

If you have to ask then you should think twice.

14. Hey, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. It's not like the feds are monitoring my internet usage, and even if they are, they don't know where I'm going to plant. I didn't post anything about the location of the plants, and nobody even knows what state I live in.

I wasn't asking if the cultivation and sale of weed is a good idea, I already know it's the best idea ever. What I wanted to know is if it's good to plant them in corn fields, or along telephone pole routes. I also want to know if it's alright to just put them in the ground and let nature take it's course, or if it's important to add nutrients to the soil and tend to the crop every day.

I know people put a plant or two out in strategic locations. I have a goddamn uncle that's done it. He just hasn't done it on such a grand scale, as we are planning to do.

15. Obviously a lot of people would agree that you are doing something idiotic, posting your idea on a very popular internet forum for starting a grow operation for 200+ plants for dealing for pure profit. Anybody who reads this can see this. Feds can track you down to your address if they desired. All they would have to do is stake out your house after that, then sooner then later you would lead them to your site.

16. Are you a retarded cop or a guy that wonders what prison is like? Try five plants with your buddy this year and see how that works. If you really think you can grow and unload $100,000 worth of felony-plant, you can chill for a year or two and it won't be a big deal, right?

17. telephone pole routes are trimmed and maintained by state workers

if you plant a crop in the middle of a cornfeild, by the time it's matured a bit your crop looks like a big dark green target in the middle of a light green feild, from the air. SO obvious

18. I bet you and your friend were stoned when you thought of this idea huh?

19. nice plan but cover your tracks

and you will get nowhere near 1 pound a plant sorry to burst your bubble

20. My buddies who do outdoor grows routinely get 2 lbs a plant. These are big ass marijuana trees though.