Am I an idiot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hops, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Yes I am.... argh!

Kinda funny story though. I could not for the life of me determine what the problem was with my plants. I flushed them with ph balanced water weeks ago and still nothing good came of it. Well, I let it go and just started thinking I would do better my next grow. Last week I did a full flush (1 week till harvest (Today)) with regular tap water ph 7. Well, after about 3 days, my plants started growing again!! (Very strange) but unfortunely I could not wait it out... I looked at the trichomes and they were starting to turn amber so I chopped them down. I ordered some seeds (Hashberry) and started germinating them 2 days ago. I'm going to grow in just a Promix and water with 1/4 nutes every 4 or 5 days (about how long it takes for my plants to become dry) and we'll see if that works out better. All in all, I would guess I got about 1.5 to 2 oz off of 8 plants. Not great, but it was my first grow. Not sure what to do with it though? Any ideas? :D

Hops.

2. Well i dont grow but i still know a thing or 2... if it takes ur plant(s) to take 4-5 days for the soil to dry then it could be 1 of 2 things maybe ur over watering or theres not enough lighting. Also with the nutes once a week is good but if im wrong please correct me someone, Then again this is jus based on stuff i read off the net but who knows it might be right...:confused:

:smoking:
    iBuDZ :bolt:

3. Nothing wrong with watering at 4-5 day intervals, if that's what your plants and set-up need. I can go a week between waterings because I use super-sized kitty litter bins as grow pots -- they are tall and narrow so have a very low surface-to-volume ratio and so retain water very well. Someone else might need to water every 2-3 days. If it's what your plants need then it is the right interval.

It's a little hard to follow what was going wrong. You first describe a flush and said "nothing good came of it." What were you expecting? Were you having problems that you thought would be cleared up?

How long did you let that first grow veg? Did you top/fim? Did you LST? What nute schedule did you use for the first grow (you describe what you intend to do with the hashberry but not what you did before). What temps did you have during the grow? Did you check your pH during the grow, and what was it?

What were the genetics of those 8 plants? And I guess I have to ask, but were those 8 all females or were you including males in your plant count?

These are all key factors in evaluating your situation.