Am i an idiot?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by aaronthegerman, Jan 5, 2017.

1. So today I ordered pizza and beer. The dude came after half an hour which surprised me and I had to pay 12 bucks I gave him 50 and got 48 in return. For a second there was a battle in my mind whether I should rip him off or do the right thing. I chose the latter. Later that night I told my buddies about it and they said I was stupid.
    Am I stupid?

• Like Like x 2
  2. not at all! what goes around comes around, so somebody WILL bless you in return. I'm a firm believer in that. I turned in a wallet at my work the other day with over $300 cash in it. nobody to see me take it, but I wouldn't want somebody to do that to me, so i did the right thing. nothing stupid about it

• Like Like x 7
  3. That's what I thought that dude brought me my pizza so quick I hadn't even finished my post-pizza-order-doobie so I thought whoever does such a good job shouldn't be ripped off

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nope, just honest. Therefore a better person then your friends.

The driver probably would of had to make up the difference out of his own pocket. Your friends probably would of cried had it been them loosing $10

• Like Like x 7
  5. $10 is a cheap price to pay for peace of mind.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Nah you are a beast. Anyone trying to come up off shady money is the idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
  7. Your honest. Unfortunately some people interpret honestly with stupidity. I think it would be wise to avoid those types or keep one eye open around them. One day they may think it's stupid that you left your wallet out in your room and take a fee for your stupidly.

• Like Like x 4
  8. They didn't mean you are stupid. They meant that they think you should have ripped him off. I am glad you chose the latter. I like people like you and I am glad you are living in my world. Thank you. If I ever deliver a pizza, I know who will not rip me off. As for your friends, not so much :(

• Like Like x 6
  9. And to know that you helped another human being that day

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yes, those that take advantage of others are always screaming the loudest when it happens to them. I knew a kid that like to burglarize peoples homes and steal their things. Then one day someone burglarized him and destroyed everything they could get their hands on. I found it amusing that he was so distraught over the idea of a stranger in his home. Especially when it's truly where we are the safest and can drop our guards. It was also a little bizarre that he called the police to report that all the stolen items that he has been collecting from the local residents has been stolen again from him now

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sometimes it truly frightens me to my core when I think what percentage of people are left that think like that today. The "TAKERS" are really multiplying in this world.

• Like Like x 1
  13. and the joint burns much sweeter for the righteous

• Like Like x 2
  14. Amen...Power To The Puffers.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Those are the exact words of the great ganja god!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Those are the exact words of the great ganja god!!

17. As everyone else said, you did the right thing. Never any shame in doing the right thing. There's more to this world than you, you know. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nothing heroic about this, normal people do it everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. That's the point, you can be a normal person and do something heroic. You don't have to be some multi-millionaire, or some special unique person. ANYONE can perform heroic acts. Kind acts and sacrificing some of your time or money for another person is heroic, because even though anyone can do it, you find that very few actually do it.

20. You missed my point, normal people don't steal off people that make a mistake.

• Like Like x 2