Am I an asshole?

Discussion in 'General' started by Yoke-LS, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Well, today I was home sick, I have an obnoxious cold, and was trying to sleep.

It's like 9 a.m. and I'm sleeping when I hear a knock at the door, I see two people with bibles at the door, I just ignore them, hoping they'd go away.

Well this continued throughout the day, the must have come back 5 or 6 times.

So at about 2 p.m., the 6th time, I was getting pretty annoyed so I wake up, and answer the door.

They say hello and all that, than they start talking to me about God. They just kept going on and on...

I had a horrible headache and couldn't really stand them talking to me any longer so I just blurt out "I'm gay".

They stopped talking, looked at me strangely, handed me a few of their Jehovah's Witness magazines, and left.

Now, I'm pretty tolerant of all religions, to each his own, but I was in no mood to be talking to some Jehovah's Witnesses...

Looking back I feel pretty bad about it, I feel bad for doing it, and not just politely telling them I wasn't interested.

Anyway, does this make me an asshole?

2. Nah. It wasn't the nicest thing to do but then again I don't consider it nice to go door to door preaching to people either. Sure you should have been polite but we all have our moments. The very fact that you are asking the question tells me you're not an asshole.

3. Haha, no, that makes you awesome.

I would have told them that Jesus sounds like a rube but that devil guy seems like an interesting character.

I'm waiting for the day they come to my house - I'm all set to have an in depth philosophical conversation with these bastards.

4. Honestly I got a pretty good laugh outta it. I don't think it makes you an asshole at all.

5. Nope, when they come to my house, I tell them nicely once that Im not interested, and then if they want to persist I tell them to fuck off in the rudest way.

Jehova's Witnesses once told my brother in law that his son was going to hell because he had a blood transfusion. He chased em out the house with the shotgun :)

6. you should've just opened the door jerking off...

7. no, you're justified. you had a headache and wanted to rest, then these people come and start talking when people dont want to listen to them.

im catholic and i NEVER answer the door when their here. so, its okay. :)

8. That was not bad at all. Probably the best thing you could've done to get them to shutup and go away...besides telling them you're not interested and shutting the door.

9. haha, how awkward. lol.

10. Wait... so are you gay?

11. How about 'Exxxxxcelllent...Christians! Just when I needed two for...tell me...are you virgins by chance? The ritual requires virgins...Come in! Come in!' while rubbing your hands together with glee?

I got a laugh out of it too, but since OP asked a serious question I gave him a serious answer the first time ;)

I just tell them that we're fine with our spiritual beliefs and ask them kindly to never return.

12. If it were me, I would have told them to "WATCH THE SCIENCE CHANNEL ASSHOLES AND LET ME SLEEP!"

13. hahaha

No. you just didnt want to bothered.

14. naw, i would deffinatly do it to you too.

hahahaha thats the first thing i was laughing at

15. Thats nothing compared to what a friend did to them.
    One day after school i drove to a friends house, came in and he said these witness were coming over to talk to him, as they had been there yesterday but my friend couldnt talk and made an appointment for that day.
    Well i had gone over there ready to get friendly with jack and blunted, so when they showed up, and tried to talk to me about their religion, i just kept on keeping on, and my friend chimed in my good tidings.
    So before we knew it, we were pressuring them into taking shots and hits, and my friend started pulling up softcore pron cupcakes to comment on, this made em uncomfortable enough to leave, but was SOO funny. Ill never forget the look on their faces as i took a shot and fired up the B, and I said "I bet youve never had either of these have you"

16. #16 The Duke, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2009

^Shenanigans.
    [​IMG]

17. oh really.

well then, im waiting.

18. you know where i stay...

19. ...and you know where i'll be. :ey:

20. oh baby lol