Am I an asshole?

Discussion in 'General' started by dimepost9420, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Last night I was driving a friend home from a party, its only me him and my girlfriend in the car and we got an 8th chilling in the center councle. My friend has been an idiot all night, telling stupid jokes (mostly at my expence), acting like a hyper idiot and doing that I'm the only sober one so I'm better then everyone else bullshit.

I'm about halfway to his house when we stop at a redlight next to a stateboy. I wasn't nervous or anything cuz I wasn't drinking and only smoked a little.

As the redlight turned green my friend decided to roll down his window and yell "fuck the police". As soon as he did it I went off on him. I told him he was a fucking idiot and and asshole and Shit, I snapped cuz he'd been annoying me all night and I couldn't take it anymore.

The cop passed us and there was no harm done, I kinda felt bad for goin off on him but the car ride was so akwardly quiet that I didn't kno what to say. Well after we got home I sent him a text sayin sorry for goin off I just hate when people Fuck with the cops while I'm carrying. He didn't text me back until this morning and all I got was "Asshole". Idk guys am I the asshole?

2. #2 AlbitheDragon, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    No way, the kid sounds like an immature little shit. I would've made him walk home after that.

3. Well its never healthy to "snap" at someone, since you were overcome with emotion and werent thinking clearly. This happened cause of the pot, which is understandable, cause either your goin down, or your eating a whole sack which is never fun.

But now your not an asshole. Your friend is just immature.

4. Ooooooh hell no, you sound completely in the right OP. THat kid sounds like someone who only perpetuates bad vibes... Thou shalt not kill the buzz is one of my commandments, he cant do that shit without a reprimand or fifty. Don't worry man, you got it right :smoke:

5. I certainly don't blame you for being annoyed with him... buuut you asked so I'll answer: I think that calling him outside of his name and criticizing his whole character as an idiot was pretty asshole-ish. Not that he doesn't ask for these kind of reactions, just the way you talked to him was pretty mean regardless. Let me add that I have totally done stuff like that before, maybe still would- I'm just trying to change that about myself, learn some patience, etc.... but YOU are not an asshole, just what you said was......make sense?

6. Im sure if your friend was the one driving and he rolled up next to a cop, he would have never rolled that window down, regardless of having an 8th or not. If your friend wouldn't do it to himself, what makes it ok to do it to you? Your friend is a douche who should be ban from your car.

7. I don't think you're an asshole, I would have done the same thing, I think most people would. Yelling "fuck the police" while a passenger in someone else's vehicle is totally disrespectful because then you as the driver and owner of the vehicle might have to deal with the police. It's just really immature. If he's in his own car driving and wants to yell and swear at the police randomly (its not even like he's justly swearing at a corrupt cop or something) then thats his right to be an idiot, but while being in a friends car and then doing this is just stupid and deserving of scolding.

8. THIS.
    I hate it when people act like immature little shits and expect you to take their bullshit just because you're friends.

9. That kid has a mental age of 9. On top of everything else, he couldn't just accept an apology and move on, even the morning after when both your tempers should have cooled down.

10. Haha, that kid did sound like a immature fuck. Did you guys ever meet that guy that just pisses you off from the start and you don't know why, then you start to know him better and he is just completely immature and lacking in respecable social skills, i know i have. It sounds like you were being too nice and let anger build up then you just let it go. It doesn't make you an asshole i would have been pissed to. If you guys would have gotten pulled over for that and charged with possession...oh my god. Its not even worth the chance, nah meen?

11. Na hes the asshole I would have forgiven you if you apologised.plus hes annoying as hell.

12. He was asking for trouble. Fuck him dont feel bad

13. I can't say what you should have done to that numb nuts but I would definitely quit hanging out with him

14. nah seriously fuckk that noise. i would have told him if he ever pulled shit like that again in my car while i was driving and i had pieces/herb on me i'd never let him in my car again & i wouldn't feel sorry. had that have been the wrong cop or something you never know what could've happened.

hate dumbasses..hate driving sober, esp when the cars filled with people that aren't.. hate sketch situations involving cops.
    you're not an asshole op.

15. I would have done the same thing if I was carrying weed too.

16. Nah man, he sounds like a doucher.

17. Dude fuck that. Definitely not an asshole. lol.

18. So he has no idea that he deserved to be stfu?? I would stop hanging around this guy. He was the SOBER one? Puh.. :p

19. He's an idiot - especially because you had weed on you. That cop could have heard you, pull you over, and find any reason he wants to check your car - and all because your friend had to be an complete moron.

20. your friend fucked up and is too immature and stubborn to accept that