Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am i aloud Medical Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ElementChron, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Hello, When i was born i was diagnosed with clubbed feet so when i was born to i was sent right away to the emergency room, I have had maybe 14 surgery's on my ankles (both) or around that and it has interfered with my life, when i was younger i would be walking for a while and they would start to bug me and make me uncomfortable. Some times at worse the pain would feel like someone shooting me. I have took med's and pain killers and the pain is always the same. Every time if have had marijuana the pain would go away and it would make me more comfortable then ever, my feet feel free. Also i have had anxiety attacks and stress too and MJ would take that away too :p I was wondering in Canada Ontario would i be able to obtain and MM card and get Marijuana prescribed.
    Please reply .

2. I have no idea about the laws in canada about medical marijuana, but if they do have one it sure sounds like you qualify.

3. its spelled allowed.... cmon man

4. Ask this at TreatingYourself.com

It is a a medical cannabis site in Canada. They can advise you best.

clinton

5. med marijuana is allowed in canada it's the only nation that has instituted a nation wide medical law, dunno the exact specifications but it sounds awfully fishy that they gave you pain killers and those didn't work but marijuana a non-narcotic did work....just very strange to say the least something that mildly stimulates the opiate receptors -marijuana (which is the reason mainly for it's analgesic effect) opposed to full agonist narcotics--pain pills which stimulate the pain receptors a lot more than the MMJ...this is why i thought it to be odd that pain killers didn't work and marijuana did

6. I know quite a few people that will trade in their prescribed pain killers for a fat joint when it comes to pain managment man.

7. Yes, I have dropped All narcotic scripts in favor of MJ. Norco, Soma, Valium, etc. Do I still hurt? Yes. Does MJ stop the pain as well, not quite, but I'm able to function instead of being a zombie destroying my stomach and liver and kidneys in the process. As I heard a man say on a CNBC documentary, "Do I still hurt? Yes. I just don't care as much."

8. You're not aloud medical marijuana... you're aquiet medical marijuana!!!! HAHAHAHA... well it was funny in my head :confused:

9. lol you high?

I also find it weird that you prefer weed > pain med for your pain needs.. almost like your trying to gamble your way into getting a card...weird :rolleyes:

although, me myself would choose MJ over pills...not mainly for pain relief, but because its more enjoyable for personal use as well.

some of these excuses to acquire a card are getting more odd everytime..no offense to anyone.

10. I am serious, when i am high i smoke alot and sometimes its numb or reduced or i really just dont care. :devious:

11. I think you will be able to obtain... :confused:

The legal status of cannabis in Canada is under dispute. Superior and appellate courts in Ontario have repeatedly declared Canada's marijuana laws to be of no force and effect. However, challenges to marijuana laws at the federal level have not resulted in the deletion of the appropriate articles from the Criminal Code of Canada and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. Police and prosecution services in other Canadian jurisdictions still pursue criminal charges for marijuana possession.

The cultivation of cannabis is currently illegal in Canada, with exceptions only for medical usage. :rolleyes:

But... :mad:
    Several polls since 2003 have found that a majority of Canadians agreed with the statement, "The use of marijuana should be legalized", the latest are being the 2009 Angus Reid poll, with 53% for legalization. However, the current governments, the Conservatives, are attempting to pass a law with "mandatory minimum" penalties and jail sentences for drug crimes. Cannabis users are specifically targeted. :mad::mad::mad:

12. #12 tharedhead, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010

If he has nerve injury from all those surgeries then opiates can either be useless or even make things worse

The pharmacological management of neuropathic pain
    With opiate administration for neuropathy things get really complicated and weird chemical crap starts to happen:

and, past a certain point, opiates can start to make pain worse
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/562216_4

Marijuana has neuroprotective effects, and may actually help heal the disordered nerves, instead of just masking the pain:)
    MediGardens: March 2010: Cannabinoids inhibit and may prevent neuropathic pain in diabetes. (University of Calgary; Alberta, Canada)

13. Where in Canada are you located?

There are a number of dispensaries in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver as well as a few other places. Getting your card is easy.

All you need to do is print out the forms at Forms | cannabisdispensary.ca and have your doctor sign/fax them. That and a passport photo is all and you will be allowed to purchase from Dispensaries!

If you do not live close to one they also do mailorder and prices range from 6-10$ a g check out the menu here - Hastings and MailOrder Menu | cannabisdispensary.ca

This system is comprised of legal not for profit dispensaries and provides help to patients that are not able or don't want to go through the long and painful process to get government MMAR.

14. im almost sure you would be able to if you described all of that to them