Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I Alone?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr.Wiggles, Apr 9, 2011.

1. I posted this in the seasoned tokers simply because I've been at this off and on for 3-4 years now. I seem to always end up abstaining from cannabis after any significant periods of using it. This is for reasons that I have discussed previously in threads I have made and in threads others have made. The majority of my experiences with cannabis are relatively similar and involve some or all of these feelings at differing times during the "high":
    Positives:
    -Food sometimes tastes better
    -Things may seem more interesting
    -Analyze concepts more deeply..in a positive way.
    Negatives:
    -Deep (overly) introspection.
    -Feelings of being different from others
    -Negative feelings about myself. i.e. I'm a bad friend, I could be nicer to my parents.
    -Analyzing how others perceive me now or at various other points in time i.e. How do they really feel about me? ...I wonder how that statement was perceived? etc.

If I'm around others...even "close" friends, it's not as if these feelings go away. Sometimes they are shifted towards them..are they REALLY my friends?..Is there really any connection between any of us? I will sometimes notice the negatives in others much more.

What bothers me about this is that the majority of my friends smoke marijuana and enjoy it and really can't relate much with me on my experiences of being stoned. I read all the information on this forum and see all the people who enjoy marijuana all the time. I get the feeling of am I alone? Am I really the only one who experiences marijuana like this...and why? I make sure to be in a good state of mind when I do...in a good environment..and properly hydrated/nourished etc. Once the pot kicks in...it does clearly seem to sway toward negativity. I just examine myself over and over and over... I wouldn't describe it as "high".

2. i think you're just thinking too much, man. listening to some music and just chill.

3. Sounds like pot isn't for you.

If the negatives outweigh the positives,
    why continue its use?

4. your negatives don't seem that negative to me except maybe for the last one lol others seem good for self improvement

5. The nice thing about combining a substance with a human, is that each are unique. THC will never affect you the way it does anyone else, because of your individual body chemistry. Like adventure sports and cannibalism, Pot just isn't for everybody.

6. Whenever I feel the things you listed as your negatives (not uncommon, I have mild social anxiety, runs in the family) smoking always helps me with them. It makes me more charismatic and less worried about what others think.

7. #7 KendrickLamar, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
    Didnt finish reading the whole post.. so i changed my answer

Yea i get that feeling alot.. mostly because my friends are kinda thugs.. and im not like that.. i like to enjoy myself all these dudes talk about is gangs and violence.. jail and steeling.. try to find a diffrent krew.. or diffrent weed

8. I prefer to smoke alone. I like to burn under the stars, or in the heat of the sun, come inside and turn on some good music or a good movie and sketch.. or eat. lol.

If the cons outweigh, stay away :D

9. You ask questions... Why don't answer them?

10. yeah i get that whole over analyzing thing from time to time,but then when i find that what i'm analyzing is pointless,then my brain says "Shit" and starts a whole song about poo.then i laugh and forget what i was analyzing.but that's just me :laughing:

11. I used to have the same problems, but I got rid of the whole caring about what others think thing. The website in my sig helped me get over it and now I blaze up all the time and those feelings are gone. The weed usually just brings out those kinds of feelings if they already exist.

12. this
    no idea why it would do the opposite, maybe your smoking TOO much? (at once)

13. I have two friends who get anxiety attacks from toking. I'm on a break right now as I was getting way too burned out

14. this kids got it right man. if the music doesnt help, maybe dont toke. as much as it pains me to tell someone not to toke haha, it is not for everyone =/

15. Your alone.