Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I Addicted?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JuanRing, Jan 10, 2009.

1. I've been thinking a lot about weed addiction and how likely it is. Before people start flaming and saying that you can't get addicted to weed, chill out, i know it's not physically addicting. What I'm talking about is the mental addiction, and I'm wondering, am I addicted?

Whenever i ask myself if I'm addicted, i think about never smoking weed again, and that idea is actually scary. Like NEVER smoking again. I know that i could quit for a month or something if i needed to, but to NEVER smoke again just scares the crap outta me. So guys, am i addicted or am i just paranoid cause im high?

2. think about anything that you love... now think about that same thing never being there again. you addicted to that?

3. if you can go a month without, your not addicted physically or mentally.

4. ^ BS.

I could go a month without playing guitar, and the day that month ends, I'd play all day.

Same with smoking pot.

5. then ur not addicted to guitar either. does someone thats addicted to cigs stop smokin for a month n then smoke all day the next day? noooooooooooo. if ur gonna stop smokin cigs ur gonna stop cuz their addicting. weed isnt addicting its just really good like sex. i could go a month without sex ya know. but y would i want to? i lovin beaten up pussy ok? n i love weed so i wouldnt want to ever stop smokin. pie tastes good too, y would i not want to eat it everyday if i could, think about it.

6. Oooooh okay I'm sorry I believe in the concept of psychological addiction, which is what the guy was talking about.

Anything you love you can be addicted to.

Edit; And I DON'T just not play guitar for a month ;)

7. dude ppl say weed isnt addicting, but thats bullshit, real smokers will tell you that weed is addicting as fuck..when you start stressing about running out of weed like when you have 1 nug left and you start think "what am i gonna do w/o weed" your fucking addicted bro, straight fucking addicted!!!

8. yeah ur fucked dude ur gonna die

9. The good news is that once your adicted, the addiction is easy to break, 2 weeks w/o smoking will suffice in lessening your desire to smoke.At least in my experience.

10. i totally disagree. if ur worrying about not makin it through ur day, cuz u dont hav weed, then sumthins wrong. i love weed n smoke it everyday, but theres times of the day u just cant smoke: before work(well at least at my job), interveiws, in front of kids/children n parents n shit, ect.
    so u shouldnt be worried about not makin it through the day. but u should be worried about not smokn at nightime, cuz theres nuttin better then a bowl b4 bed. n i think everyone agrees on that.

11. Everyone does what they can to get through a day, EVERYONE.

To some people, that's a bowl.

You could stop smoking and 30 years from now would probably end up thinking "Man I'd really like to smoke one..."

Arguing about wether weed is addictive or not is just fucking semantics.

12. yeah,i dont think i could even go a month with out smoking.
    if you think im mentally addicted then fuck it.
    i love marijuana with a passion.

13. i subside. lol.

14. It's really called a dependence when it's not a physical addiction. You can develop a dependence for just about everything, including food, sex, and weed. Some people might become dependent on the thrill for street racing, other will become dependent on sports.

Stoners have a dependence in weed. So?

15. No hard feelings mate ;)

16. Everyone knows it is not physically addicting in the way that cigarettes are. It is however psycologically addicting in that if you smoke frequently and stop, SOME users will find that they crave a bowl or something along those lines. It is the same with coffee. It is not addicting, but far too many people cannot function in society without drinking a cup or two or three of coffee in the morning.

17. That, good sir, is completely wrong.

Coffee = caffeine.

Caffeine you can INDEED become PHYSICALLY addicted to.

18. If I go a while without playing my favourite game, chances are I'm going to be "craving" to play it. Is it addicting? No.

19. Tell that to kids (like me) who play Counterstrike for as many hours a day as most people work.

Though I've been on a break...

20. Maybe my coffee analogy is wrong, I didn't research it. I guess I assumed that the caffeine was not truly physically adictive in the same way cigarettes, alchohol, and other drugs are. I'm not trying to argue at all though...just disagree I suppose.

In either case, the video game analogy works just the same.