Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I addicted?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by whitewidow112, Mar 29, 2016.

1. #1 whitewidow112, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    I've been smoking mary jane rougly for a year, but it just became some sort of an habit, but I used to smoke during day, work and night, but I'd mix 0.25g with one cigarette...that's how we smoke around here.

Now, I've been busted and can't smoke anymore until I'll move out. The thing is, I need to study, but the part where I can't smoke bothers me, but I don't know if it bothers me that I can't do anything I want, or I can't smoke.

Am I addicted?

( This post does not explain my problem in it's full extent, if you could help, please read all of the posts, thanks. )

2. Yep that happened to me too, except that started after my first blunt. I can barely go a week without smoking, and when I do, I'm moody and can't sleep. Went from a half bowl a day to 1-2gs :(

I will say that the first 3-7 days are the hardest, but once you light back up you'll be in the same habit again (in my experience)

3. Thing is, I wouldn't be able to light up until I move out of my house, but I don't really exprience withdrawal symptoms. I am just a bit moody because I can't do what I wish to do, even though this is just should not happen, but many parties take part and..fuck man.
    I'm being tested each day, long story short.

4. Being moody is the withdrawal, but it's just cannabis. Nothing to worry about.
    I would compare cannabis addiction to cellphone addiction.
    You take away someone's cellphone, yeah they can get moody.

5. Only you know if you are addicted to something. The fact you're asking "am I addicted" shows that you probably aren't. Addiction is a mental illness. Do you feel cannabis is taking over your life? Is cannabis the most important thing in your life? Do you get suicidal at the thought of not having cannabis anymore?

These are the type of questions that distinguish addiction from just being used to doing something.

People who say you can't get addicted to cannabis are annoying. People can become addicted to anything - shopping, gambling, sex, junk food...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks, you guys are very helpful - my plan is to save up some cash for the first month's rent and immidiately move out. But it won't be easy. Month's rent is $500, and I might add a couple hundred for all type of grocieres and electric bills, cellphone bills, but everything is worth my freedom. I'm tired of sitting in jail.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Most places require a deposit/ 1st month last month rent, so you might as well double that 500...... $1000+ at least and that depends on any other costs. My family owns rental properties. In the town we're from the city requires a $125 deposit for water for renters.

8. Take your time and make sure you have 3 times the amount of money that you think you need. Costs will add up before your eyes. Yes, it's gonna suck not being able to smoke. Better for you to save up more than enough so when you move out - it's permanent.

Saving up for just 1 month's rent and some bills is not a good idea. How will you buy furniture? Moving costs? Emergency funds? Besides, most places make you pay the first month's rent as well as a security deposit.

9. I'll have to work for 50 days, each day, that's rougly 2~ months, for my goal, which is $2630~.
    The other thing is I'm studying for SAT (in Israel) but I cannot focus properly on it if I will keep being pressured down on my smoking habit. Smoking even helps me, to be honest. I love studying with Chapati in the background.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You can study without weed. Don't put yourself in that mindset...that you cannot focus on studying if you "will keep being pressured down on my smoking habit".

Just stop smoking, haul ass for studying and work, and it'll be a breeze afterward.

11. I'm not saying I cannot study without weed. I'm just saying, let me live my own way. I may have made mistakes, but everybody do, and everybody learn.

12. Easier said than done, especially if you have some strict ass parents (assuming that's why you can't smoke). From my own experience, you'll probably have an easier time moving out than trying to convince someone who hates weed that it's not as bad as they make it out to be. Most people who are against pot are pretty adamant about it, and it makes it hard to even start a conversation about it when some people straight up think it's evil hahaha

13. Well, she treats it as if it's heroin. My father is a lot more gentle about it, but he's strict in his own way. My father told me he shared pot a few times when he was a teenager but just didn't connect to it. My mom states that it kills brain cells, the organs of the body (liver, lungs, heart, intestines) , effect my disease (Crohn's disease) in a very bad way, make the person dumb...I listened to everything and went out online and checked everything. It's the power of propoganda.
    I've got nothing to do,and they ask me why I don't listen to my own blood. I try to talk to them, but they're all a wall.

It just saddens me that I cause so much pain to my mother because she gave me everything as a child, but why my habit of doing something that makes me have fun, enjoy, and enhance life, cause her bad? damn

• Like Like x 1
  14. If not being able to do what you wish makes you moody you're not going to love growing up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. That's not what I am on.

16. Yeah it's tough stuff man. Just show her respect, and move out. With time she will see that nothing's different with you, and she'll see it's not as bad as she makes it out to be.

17. I agree and I agree with Madeenz, I am a mother, but I have no problem with smoking, I even took my 16 year olds away, he is 25 now, because I thought he spent too much time with that and not in his books. I smoked it......oh well, when he moved out, around 23, we let him move into one of our apartments, then we sold them, thank god! Renting to people is tooooo much stress. Anyway, he had to quit smoking because of a job which he has been at for the last 2 years or so. He hated not being able to smoke. He said it kept him from being panicked. I believe him. Anyway, he moved to a new place, we paid...nice mom and dad. First month rent-$600. and deposit $600, then electric in his name-$150 deposit, cable-he is a gamer-$99 deposit--moving truck and pizza for the friends to help him move, around $150. It is not cheap. Things are harder I think now for younger people. I did it on my own, well with a friend and had no help. But a very nice grandfather and grandmother. This is going to be hard. Think about it first, are your parents going to help you when you move, it you are studying for the SATS I guess college is coming up. Are they going to be OK with helping you when they catch you? They will catch you. Trust me. Don't move out to just be able to smoke, you will find it harder, trying to afford it, the rent, groceries, look what your parents spend to live on their own. And can't you get in a lot of trouble for smoking in Israel? Just some comments, to think about, from a mother who does not judge.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 whitewidow112, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    If I will move out, I will not want any kind of help from nobody but myself. I'm getting a lot of opnions about moving out, not moving out.
    Enforcement is not that harsh on us, the police focuses on the dealers and suppliers.
    I want to live, not sit at home 24/7 because my mother doesn't want me to smoke marijuana. That's absurd.
    If it was impairing my life, my studies or anything at all, I would understand.
    But it doesn't.

19. Check out Granny Storm Crows list. There are a lot of studies showing how it helps with Crohns disease.
    :smoke:

20. I know marijuana is useful. Thanks for the additional information.