Am I a dumba$$ for this?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ShadowBud, Apr 28, 2009.

1. I'm not bad looking in appearance; more so average looking at worst. Unfortunately, I rarely ever meet my "type" & usually stay single. Nationality wise I could care less, but what are two main determining factors are intelligence & being in shape (I work out regularly/am now a graduate student). My senior year as an undergrad, I met this really hot junior (basically a five foot tall Shakera with a Perfect latin/black a$$).

We hit it off & occasionally hang out in her dorm. I found out she's breaking up with her old BF (literally....the guy was in his late 40s!) & she's essentially looking for a new one. [So she kind of says I've got a shot with her right?]. Anyway, we've been doing this for some time (2+ months) she's always wanting me to hold her hand/hug her..... she thinks it's "romantic"....... :mad:
    I don't mind it, but after 2 months of not doing anything......

So it's almost the end of the fall sem. & I'm in her dorm on her bed while she's typing @ her computer.

She talks me into a winter sem. w/ her (the only reason why I did was b/c she offered me to sleep in her dorm w/ her :D)

Now the great part!
    Not only do I get a call right b4 winter classes start from her saying that we couldn't use her dorm b/c the campus closes the main ones down in winter to save money, but she asks if we can still meet up & eat somewhere after our classes.

Now just to let all of you in on a few details.... this is someone that I helped stay in school, talked her into staying on to graduate, gave her the courage to stand up against her "old" abusive bf/break up w/ him, & even offered to call in a favor to a family PI to find her biological parents (she was adopted by a VERY financially well off family by the way lol) she tells me as we're walking to the campus food court about some guy (it sounds like she's talking about a friend/family member....but no).

I ask: "who's this?":confused:
    her: "oh... my new boyfriend":eek:
    me: "um...........wtf???":eek:

Apparently she found someone else & didn't think to tell me.
    She gives me a BS excuse about it & then asks if I'm ok w/ it.

So I calmly said......well, use your imagination readers ;D & walked off.

So really people (if there are any stoner ladies on here, your input would be appreciated) what do you think?

2. #2 boomer bumper, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    did you let her know that you wanted to be with her? if you didnt, and you didnt ask her out or anything, or didnt make a move, then its pretty ok. other than that she couldnt of known you were into her.. and in my book thats fine for her to get a boyfriend. isnt her fault that you didnt voice how you felt.

edit: so yes you are a dumbass if you flipped out on her without her knowing you wanted to be with her... and your also a dumbass for using $ as S... twice.

3. Imo if you meet a girl you've gotta get something within the first 1-2 weeks at the least make out. Or ask her out, and make it obvious you want to be with her. If not, they'll probably end up considering you just as a close friend.

Also, if you're in her dorm on her bed and shit just make a move. Who cares if you get shut down. If she doesn't like you you're going to get shut down sooner or later. Just like you did, when she told you about her new bf.

4. I dont know what you said to her, but there are lots of fish in the sea.

Who gives a fuck about one chick man, obviously she only thought of you as a friend, unless its a weird ass play to make you jealous about a boyfriend she made up.

Her loss man, fuck t.

5. #5 Bencker, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    Sounds like you played it to cool. These things happen, I've done it, and I'm sure more people on here have.

6. You know man, in a way - I can feel your pain.
    I've had my loss of rejections, man. However, man, as people have already said - You should have voiced your feelings.
    Meh, count your losses and move on, imo.

7. Im a girl and I think she was just using you as a emotional crutch between breakups. If you never told her you liked her though, then she would have never known.

Im not too sure. You seem like a good guy though. One door closes, another one opens. Good luck.

8. lol exactly what i was thinking.

and OP, it happens man, all part of the game. learn from your mistake i guess.

9. first of yall after 2 months of not doing nothing u should of got the point if she was digging u then yall would of been doing something lol it doesnt matter holding hands and hugging is just cuddling girls like that i do that with some friends that are just girls

but damn thats pretty messed up u should of been on it with her and asked her out

10. you became her friend.

9 out of ten times, if you become friends, especially good or best friends, forget dating. :(

been there, done that. found out once the hottest chick in our chill group was into me for 2 weeks but i was too shy, well i found out later and it was too late. :eek::mad:

ive learned the hard way, dont be a pussy.

actually i just got a girlfriend 3 weeks ago, i let her know i wanted to see her again and the next time we partied together we made out. next day we chilled with a coupel people and then i asked her out. been a awesome 3 weeks! got another V card (2nd one):hello:

11. You have no idea how hard it is to accept that when your really into a girl...

12. Just to add:

I did ask her out several times, she said she wanted to "start slow" since she was still messed up from her former abusive bf. I said ok since I didn't want to be some rebound for her.

As for not making a move:
    She found out I was ticklish and she basically used that to direct me to the bed, we both landed on it/she intertwines her legs with mine, & we're both looking into each other's eyes, smiling (sounds great right? wait...). I moved in to kiss her, she started to move in then pulled away. I stopped & asked what was wrong/if it was ok & she said no. we ended up just cuddling/watching a movie in her room.

honestly, is she mental or am I just that unlucky?

13. You aren't a dumbass, but you did fuck up. She put herself out there and you missed your chance. It may not be too late just make sure the next time you see her you throw it out there that you don't want to be friends. You can't blame her, she gave you the window you just didn't climb in.

14. Watch Point Break with her,; instant sex.

15. you got in the friend zone brah

16. Hoe Alert!!!! you said she was pretty fine earlier and she probably knows this... she sounds like shes one of those girls that likes leading on guys... she needs attention.

Dont Trip man, you dont care about her or anything do you? its not like you love her. Just ignore her for a while, i have a feeling she'll come crawlin back

17. Did she KIND OF say you've got a shot or did she REALLY tell you that you have a shot?

If there is a V card collecting contest, the players are all sluts.

Anyways, OP, that's the thing about girls, we are capable of continuing a relationship even if sex is ruled out. If you two never talked about actually currently being together rather than becoming a couple you, were just a friend. You do have to understand as mentioned above girls will make physical contact in a friendship without it meaning something deeper. The problem is you guys always take any SLIGHT HINT of an interest as a sign that all a girl wants is to get with you. She may have felt this whole time that she found a nice guy who can be a friend. If you wanted to be with her you should have told her way earlier in the relationship.