Am I a bad friend because I don't like drinking?

Discussion in 'General' started by RJayB, Apr 14, 2013.

1. #1 RJayB, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
    So I live in the suburbs of Arizona and there is absolutely nothing fun to do in my town. Usually me and a few friends chill at someones house on the weekends and we all throw down some money to get bud but none of my friends are willing to throw down a 20$ bill with me so we can get 3 grams for 40-45$ (which could last us the whole day/night).
    But they always only throw down 5 or 10 which would only get us maybe a gram or 1.5 which would be smoked up within a few hours.
    I guess I'm just tired that none of my friends have sufficient income to throw down 20$ once a week for some good green.
    So I always end up alone on weekends because I'd rather stay home then go out and get shit faced and make a fool out of myself. (And I wont get into all the negative effects alcohol has on ones body)

So since we never have enough $ they always insist we get some liquor or beer which I honestly think is gross and I find no pleasure what so ever from drinking. And by the time they start drinking its like 9pm when I actually have to go home for the night since I have a job and usually have work the next day! I guess it all comes down to dank prices in AZ being too high! Or maybe its because most of my friends are unemployed.
    Anyone else ever have problems similar too this? Any advice? I still like my friends and want to chill with them but I hate the fact that every weekends we chill they always have to spend potential bud money or some cheap beer that will give me a bad hangover in the morning.
    /EndRant

EDIT: Oh and if my friends throw down 5$ ill throw down 5$, I usually match whatever they throw down because I don't want to have to pay for most of the bud when they smoke just as much of it as I do. And by the end of the night the bud is always gone.

2. My advice find your inner talents, fuck the world get fucked up where ever you go. But I feel what your saying erry damn weekend im either drunk high as fuck or trapping nuts. Insane inda membrane.

3. This guy...

4. My brother always want's me to go drinking with him. I'm not really mentally stable enough to handle alcohol right now so I turn him down, which I feel bad about. I know where you are coming from kind of.

5. Yeah I only chill with friends once maybe twice on weekends. As I work 3-4 days a week and sometimes on Sundays. I honestly don't know what my talents are yet but I enjoy doing physical things like sports, but none of my friends like doing that. They like just sitting in one room in a house and smoking or drinking 24/7 till the end of the night. I guess I'm just bored of the same routine each weekend. Maybe I need new friends.

6. Its their money man idk.. you cant just chill and smoke while they drink?

7. I feel ya, I wanna explore the world be outside in its beauty. Not cooped up in a house with a bunch of fucked up people. The world is a playground just sad it takes money to run it.

8. Dude, fuck your friends! Don't drink if you don't wanna drink. Pick up a hobby and do something fun and physical instead of drinking, peer pressure ain't none of that good shit.

I had to quit weed for an upcoming job, ain't no sweat, but its like all my friends expect me to pick up drinking cause I can't smoke now. I'm just like "nah man, I'm not drinking". Have the confidence to state your desires!

9. Na because they'll chief all the bud up with me, and if I don't they call me greedy or stingy. So I don't even put myself in those situations, its either one or the other. Bud or Drink. Whenever I ask if they have money to throw down sometimes they'll say I'm greedy. I'm just not down with getting used just for my money.

10. if you dont feel like drinking,dont.youll know who your true friends are by who dosent care and just wants to hang

11. Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm a little less frustrated now.
    It's hard to chill with friends with any trees though, we live in the suburbs so there's never any amusement parks or water parks, just a bunch of houses and greenbelts/parks.

Maybe next weekends will be better.
    I'm going out for a walk to smoke and relax my mind. I'll keep reading your replies!

12. I get you. I used to drink a lot when me and my friends went out. I'd get fucked up every single night and not come home till 8 in the morning. Now I'd much rather enjoy a blunt and a movie when I'm chilling with my friends. But they still buy Jack Daniels every night and get drunk out of their minds. I feel pretty alone lately since most of my smoking friends got locked up recently. Fuck alcohol..

13. I'd say your friends are the bad friends. I quit drinking 3 years ago (when I was 20, oddly 0 drinks 21 and onward lol. I'm 23 now). Anyway my friends don't look at me any different and I always go out with them, I smoke big before - we all do then I take my trippy stick with me whereever we go and I hit it everywhere staying high all night

14. Seriously I was in about the same Situation. I now have a circle of friends who always throw down and its always a good time. I think you need the same.

Also try not to get taken advantage of and dont let them pressure you about being a bad person because I mean we're talking about Alcohol lol

15. I'm in the process of ditching a lot of my friends because all they do is drink. I like a drink every now and then but every time I hang out with them, they're drinking. And you can't just not drink, drunk people are incredibly annoying if you're not one of them.

I'm no fun :D

16. You're wondering why the fuck they don't have more money to throw down.

I'm wondering why the fuck they don't have more motivation to enable themselves to earn more money.

Perhaps it's because they stay up all night drinking. :rolleyes: