Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alzheimers and Weed

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by eduard07, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hi, I am completely new in this community and I do not know a lot about weed.

I have tried to do some research about if cbd or thc can cure or prevent Alzheimers. Some sources say cbd can prevent Alzheimers other sources say you need thc.

Is there somebody that knows about this and what the recommend usage is?

Also which method do you recommend for a newbie to make cbd oil?

2. #2 Deleted member 1086925, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2019
    Yes marijuana will help Alzheimer’s. No it will not cure it! Where ur brain connects to spine or soMe shit. There is little receptors there. They start to develop scare tissue and stop firing. Basically the jist of Alzheimer’s. My gramps and gram had/has it. I wouldn’t mess with cbd oilNow marijuana or full spectrum concentrates will work wonders. Ive smoked bowls with my gram and make here mini muffins. Thc does make her more calm. But once u got it u got it. Not saying there isn’t a cure but if there is our nice caring supportive government has not released it to the population yet!

It’s good we partake, Preventive maintenance

• Like Like x 2
  3. If you mean from scratch (?)
    You will need a high CBD / low THC (?) Cannabis plant then you can extract oil.

I've been making oil similar to what this guy is doing for years. There's probably other ways but this method is fast and safe.

Good luck

4. Double post

5. this 2016= salk institute study on cannabinoids to remove plaque Cannabinoids remove plaque-forming Alzheimer’s proteins from brain cells - Salk Institute for Biological Studies
    2006 info - 2006 study on cannabinoids to remove plaque at DuckDuckGo

6. Hello I think it is great that you are looking for a more holistic way to treat a neurodegenerative disease. THC and CBD are both needed for this as one takes care of the underlying issue and the other is for the symptoms. Tinctures and Oils work best in my opinion as you don't need a lot in order to start feeling therapeutic relief. Equal parts of THC and CBD also creates harmony in our endocannabinoid system were our CB1 and CB2 receptors become active which affect our brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. Here is an article about ALS anther neurodegenerative disease like Alzheimer's. Cannabis Treatment for ALS - CBD Community of California
    Video.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1

• It is said on Addiction Resource that marijuana slows the progression of Alzheimer’s. According to studies THC has been shown to slow the formation of amyloid plaques. But I am not a doctor, so I cannot be sure about it

7. THC increases intracellular ions in cannabinoid type 1 receptors. ( ligand gated / voltage gated receptors)... this action decreases the plaque that forms into Alzheimer