Alternatives to Fox Farm ocean soil?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by doom3crazy, May 9, 2010.

1. I am just wondering if there is other good soils out there and plant food thats comparable to fox farm. I have been looking to get some fox farm but its so expensive!

2. Trust me when i say. Spend the money man. I bought a bag of FFOF and put my mothers in it and have yet to use nutes. I water them every other day with ph'd water and they are loving life. Its been almost 2 months since i put them in the soil.

Get the FFOF and a bag of perlite. Mix the perlite into the soil 4 parts soil 1 part perlite. All will be well.

3. sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but are their any suppliers of foxfarm in canada? If not, what soils are comparable or reccomended that are readily available in canada? I'm sure this has been discussed before, but i was unable to find any info.

4. biobizz is a good UK alternative. maybe you can have better luck finding that there then the FF.

5. You can create your own mix:

4 parts 100% organic potting soil
    3 parts sphagnum moss
    2 parts worm castings
    1 or more parts perlite
    1 or more parts clean sand

Make sure none of the ingredients has added ferts (careful, Miracle Gro adds ferts to their moss and their perlite). Add some bat guano, fish emulsion, etc if you want.

6. word. Well can someone direct me to the cheapest place online to buy some fox farm soil? I inquired about getting some around here locally but the closest place to me is like an hour drive away. So I would rather just order it online..

7. You can Google FFOF and see what site has the best price. Although, I wouldn't suggest it. When you buy soil online you run the chance of it being contaminated. bugs etc in it. Some would suggest taking it out of the bag and laying it outside in the heat to let the soil cook, But I dont like doing that personally. I'd take the drive and make sure the soil is worth it. IMO

8. And the cost of shipping is astronomical. At least at all the places I looked at before finding it at my local hydro store. What about Sunshine or Roots Organics? Don't know if those are available in your area or not.