Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alternatives to aluminium foil?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dr Heimlich, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Is there something I could use to make a cone piece out of apart from aluminium foil? It gives a bad taste and of course isn't good for you. I had a pipe and I used the cone piece off that on my bong but I lost/forgot my pipe at hungry jacks. I'm buying a proper bong or a pipe soon but money is a bit tight atm. So yeh, is there anything I could use? Preferably something I could find around the house/in the garage.
    Note: I have a drill and I'm not afraid to use it. lol

2. Some people like using glass, but making a glass bowl is a daunting task.

3. hmm.. Me and my buddy used a socket with a metal screen back in my high school days, it works good but shits dangerous when it gets hot and your high bad combination lol

4. make a water bottle bong and put your aluminum piece as the stem. might make the smoke coming off the aluminum cleaner. or there's always the g-bong option. all you need is a waterbottle and a nut driver piece.

5. What I usually do is use a bottle, piece of tubing and make the cone piece out of aluminium, are you saying that that should be safe to use? or does the water only filter a little bit of it?

6. Aluminum is safe to make homemades out of until you get a real pipe/bong.

7. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Swerv, thanks, reassures me :)

8. buy a one hitter at a gas station for 5 dollars?

9. As other stated, aluminium is safe to smoke out of as your regular lighter does not have sufficient heat to vaporize the metal. Although this is true, I do not like the taste of smoking out of aluminum.

Before I got my glass bowl, what I used to do was using an apple. Search on youtube "Apple Pipe". Here is a shitty diagram I made:

[​IMG]

All you have to do is cut a hole vertically from the place you removed the stem all the way to the middle of the apple. Then make a horizontal hole from the SIDE of the apple to the OTHER side. Where the stem was, with a knife, carve a bowl like shape. Now buy a screen and put it where I drew in the diagram. If you are not of the legal age to enter a smoke shop, what I used to do was take some Apple earphones I did not use, cut it open and take the metal piece that looks like a screen and use it as a screen.

Enjoy.

10. Yes! Great idea. Me and my friend did this. It worked like a charm! didn't even use a screen and we were fine(already high so I guess that's how that happened).
    You can use whatever fruit you have as long as it's big enough. like I
    doubt a blue berry would work lol. What can I say I'm high. ;)

11. Get some enriched uranium( but make sure you get the one with 0.2 millimeter thickness) they work the best for me and gets you a pretty clean hit. No side effects.

You might have to look around though to find it

12. I hate how the answer to this is let alone the simplistic thing ever. I had to create an account solely just to post this.
    The entrance to the bottom of your bowl to your apple pipe, say, is approx the size of a pencil, correct (assuming that's what you used to make the hole)? A joint is the size of a pencil, yes? We use filters in joints. Why not in this? What I do, is buy a pack of Raws with tips included, make a tiny tiny filter by ripping the initial tip in half length-wise, make my little "W" Wiz tip filter out of the material, adjust the size and pop it in the little hole, the depth of how far I push it down depends on how deep you want your bowl to be.
    Ta-da. When you taste the harsh filter, just as any joint, it's cash. Use a pencil to remove and make another one if you burnt it bad and have a go again. Or eat the apple which is what I do.

I seriously don't know how anyone else hasn't figured this out yet. It's so simple it boggles my mind, no need for nasty tastes just all bud, clean and simple too, no hole poking or weird-shit inhalation.

Don't worry, leave your drill at home lol.

13. When I had to make a homemade bong, I used a 2l water bottle, and for the bowl I used a metal socket and for the screen I read somewhere that you can use the metal filters/screens from taps around the house. I've also been told that the outer screen (the one at the tip where you can see the water flow) is part of a group of several other screens inside the tap (or something like that).

Sorry if any info is wrong, feel free to correct me as I haven't don't this in a long time.

14. Interesting but like so how do u do it without the aluminum foil?