alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. #781 slowergrower, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    I don't have a lux meter. How far should the plant be?

Attached Files:

2. oh u showoff ;)
    try two feet and get yurself a lux meter! or even better a ppdf meter, but those cost $$$
    *edit its going to be hard to set a lower power and height without a meter.

• Like Like x 2
  3. #783 slowergrower, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Where can I get it?

4. Amazon.
    here or here. (linked).

Please use English next time. I'm not translating again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I can vouch for Meiju, I think others here like Bava too. I like the boards... as everybody else does.
    Kingbrite is authentic, Hansion is authentic (but pushy), and I never looked at the last one.
    cheers

6. Thanks, trying to gather as much info as i can before i pull the trigger. Would be nice to find a test between them.

7. I have the older diodes (the V1) and they are great. I rarely run them at higher strength. I like the boards much better than the COB style as the light dispersion is better; can just turn down the power and bring the boards close, but with cob styles (or HID) if you tried that , it wouldn't work. From my research, BRITE was the cheapest (not Kingbrite, just BRITE), but maybe using older diodes (?) Bava has some nice red 660s incorporated in their boards, so do Meijiu, but in their 800 diode boards which run a 2x4 pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good catch!

9. I can vouch for Bava, at least as far as customer service was. I intend on testing out boards from kingbright as well.

Long term is to be determined, but at this point these lights have a 10 year lifespan, so these will be old news before they take a crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. After finishing one run under 200 watts of big cobs, the temperature difference in tent is now at least 5 degrees cooler with 301b chips. The light spread, and ability to dim is worth its in weed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. The boards of R2t and hansion look so good and then there is Meiju or kingbrite.
    This is gonna make choosing only harder. lol
    Thanks for tips so far.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. For what it’s worth, Meiju has some interesting, larger sized boards that I haven’t seen everywhere else. They caught my eye a little while back.

13. what is your grow space?

14. I’ll be going for 3x3 or a 4x4. For both tent sizes i was thinking of buying 4x QB288v2 on Two triple slate heatsink and maybe later adding two more boards in the middle.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I think 3x288 per 2x4 is appropriate, not wattage wise, but coverage, because you will save power using lower settings and bringing it in close. That's a good thing about the 800 board, kinda is 3x288, kinda...
    I like your plan, triple heatsink + boards... makes the 800s sexy.
    3x3 is harder to light up, but using 4x288s would work.
    Please be aware that you can just buy some modules too; my 4xL09 modules ROCK and are very customizable. You can get them 1' or 2' strips. I kinda compare the 4xL09 to a stretched out 288. Better to control hot spots that you get with boards (which tend to be too bright in the middle and not enough beyond its footprint).
    At the moment, I have an 800 board and 4L09 is a 2x4, but I have the 800 turned all the way down. I don't think it will ever go over 50% but I have very nice even light coverage. Here's the thread to my L09 build (which you can buy strips for much cheaper from KingBrite, or Brite):
    Samsung HinFlux L09 build

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I see hlg also makes these kind of strips and there are Alibaba alternatives.
    HLG SABER 100

My preference still goes to the qb288 V2 style. Had look at this 1,20m x1,20m build that migo was setting up.

17. I did a shopping from Meiju about a month ago.They delivered the cargo in 3 days. I got it in eight days.They work perfectly and are very helpful. If you're going to get a light from there, take a sunglasses :)

18. #799 Han-Bolo, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Meiju is the way to go.

19. I had one damaged board from shipping and after a little talking they refunded me for shipping and I was able to fix the issue with a binder clip lol (loose terminal). shit happens but still cost effective and works great. here are my two FOGRO 65w boards which are basically HLG65s except these have 112 LM301Bs @3k and 16 Epistar 660 reds. The one on the left is the damaged one, you can see the binder clip.
    Resized_20190404_160358_4545_001.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1