alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. whats the dimensions of the space they are in, and are you using heatsinks?

2. It about 4x4 and no heatsinks needed

3. Hey guys. Ok so I'm reaching out for some advice on spacing. I'm uploading a basic diagram of my space with some info. And will get some pics of the room for spacing reference.

I have 14 x 60w qb boards (128 diods/board in 3500k) .With appropriate drivers to dedicate to this room. Dimmable.

Board dimensions are 6 7/8" x 11 1/4"

Room is 72 inch by 72 inch with a 74 inch ceiling. Currently using 15 gallon pots and can run 7 comfortably in perimeter leaving room in centre for access.

Currently room is being used to dry my last two plants so any and all mods can easily happen now.

Plan is to make raised bed as shown in diagram either before next run which is currently cloning and vegging, .or after next run in pots.

Pics show reference. I don't plan on putting anything in the centre of the room. This is personal use and more than likely will not grow more than 4 at a time but will be growing veggies as well and will be composting in place so will be able to rotate things around as needed.

I had thought to run the boards the long ways off of the walls but not sure how far off the walls the boards should really be when accounting for reflective sides. ( White poly but can hang mylar if I feel like it. Was considering using some .more White poly to partially enclose the bed to create even spacing for the boards. On a velcro system as my door is. This way when I want to look in it's really easy and it doesn't need to be sealed just hanging loosely. Although my door is fully sealed.

So thoughts? Plan to build these this evening.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. That looks very promising! Excellent stuff!

You could string that whole room with QB120s and a couple QB96 Elite V2’s for flower and you’ll be shredding it in no time :)

I like your setup tho, I would love a space like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I run 12-qb120’s in my 4x4. You should get two more and build a 4-qb120 light in a square pattern for each plant. Check out StickyBudHounds setup. Very similar to yours

6. HI Guys,

Can someone answer a question for me? I have a 2x4x70 and was thinking of putting
    either a double 288 or a double 312? I would love one of the 800 chip boards but thats probably overkill.

Thanks

7. I have 3 288 in my 2×4 and they love it . You can always dim.it down. Then if you run co2 jack it up

8. 800 board is good in a 2x4. close to 3x 288

• Like Like x 1
  9. Evening guys, can someone tell me whats a really good board or light for a 2x2x4 tent, just to grow autos mostly. Cheers if anyone can help.

10. Thinking of going with this kit. (2x800's) I've had it with my 1000W HPS/MH ballast setup and the 23' of insulated 6" ducting that behaves like 8" ducting, hogging a ton of space. Needing a giant fan to pull thru the ducting etc.
    Either condensation on/in the cool tube, or heat in the tent, or both.

Do you have the link for the actual deal you went with? My eyes are going buggy back tracking thru this thread trying to find it and going thru Alibaba is as you said somewhere in here, like being in stuck in a Chinese soap opera lol .

Holy hell it's confusing on there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. This would be perfect for your tent and at 200 dimmable watts would crush it

4 COB LED square light

I’m reviewing this unit soon but here’s some pics of the unboxing

100%
    329FA088-F849-47C7-BC14-C4472C95F2AE.jpeg
    50%
    C97EC789-0B14-4C7B-900E-219E10AD2BB9.jpeg
    Unboxing
    D2C18A2E-DBB6-40A5-8A11-F9D6D1D08C07.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. #694 trojangrower, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    yur going to Love your 800s.
    @Soil2Coco, idk that light you posted, but the 800s rock, and we aren't even talking the new ones out. Check em out.

edit ~ i did link him earlier by pm. You posted your last message as I was responding.

• Like Like x 1
  13. the newer V2 have the LM301B diode. I want some, I will order some later, but need to rewire my room with 240 as I am depending too much on my old wiring atm.
    Imma throw in a picture... sec...
    ok, here it is:
    DSCF2368.JPG
    its not fair to just say the 800 is responsible, but its a good starter for flowering in that footprint ~4'x4'.

Here's some more:
    DSCF2369.JPG DSCF2370.JPG DSCF2372.JPG
    PS; that one is in coco; the one under the 96s is in NFT hydro. She's a lil ... sick I suppose lol.

14. oh wth, here's the one under the 96s lol.
    I should mention that 2x800 boards should be use in a 4x4 footprint...
    DSCF2371.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. The light i posted was for the guy looking for a perfect 2x2 light. I was hoping you could point the guy interested in the 800’s in the direction of the new ones with the red diodes. They looked awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sorry S2C, you know my condition...

hey, for a 2x2 try this.

Good alternative since the HiFlux went up in price since Jan 01.

17. Lol. What’s your condition? That Galisteo light not good enough you think? I have to wait until I harvest my 2x4 when I get back from my cruise and find another light to test it out against and we shall see. I’m trying to get an ES180 from Green Sunshine or a Growtech light

18. stoned.
    I like the light strips bro, you get to make em, feel a bit intimate with em, and they work good! Two of those light mods from Samsung are totally generating enough light for my fig tree!
    oh I gotta quit dawgfawking and get back to work... tiling my kitchen floor soon!

• Like Like x 1