alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. I went with r2t and others have went with sv baba, mijiu.

• Like Like x 2
  2. #642 4ala2sk0a, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Damn

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. This.
    You can add another set when you are ready. You can add cobs or strips for supplementary as well.

Either that or piece it together using light modules.

*and tell them to either make one using LM301Bs or to give you a discount on the older technology.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shipping is through ups, dhl or puralator. So about 2 to 4 days.

The 288s can be run up to 70 to 75watts a board without a heat sink.

Personally for myself I'd go with 2 lights per 4x4. 3 288s paired to a hlg 320h c2100a. Custom heat sink using a 1/4" 36 X 9.5" 6061 aluminum plate with two 120mm pc fans and a fan shroud.

Not the cheapest route but over kill and efficient since they won't be running at max

• Like Like x 1
  5. @Netminder1976 you want about 30 to 40watts a sq/ft for flowering. So 480 to 650 watts in a 4x4.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Which color you guys like for new heatsinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Violet!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice
    Green is symbolic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

9. BAVA 288 boards on alibaba - I found a supplier(only looking for single board setups ) that would send out the full kit for 86.00 plus shipping - for 86 you get 1-288 board, 1 - heatsink, 1-HLG driver - they have deals on double boards as well

10. i used that company for my Folux kit. I was pleased and all went well. I would purchase from them again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. what about shipping plus kit? guessing about $125 ish in total?

12. 3000K 120W Board kit : USD$82.00

3000K 240W Board kit : USD$143.00

3000K 480W board kit : USD$288.00

Shipping cost of 8 pcs 120w kit : USD$230.00

I have decided to go with the 120 boards instead
    Alwen peng2018-10-10 10:36

[​IMG]
    The pric is not expensive .You can compare with HLG company .

We have 120 baord .don't need heatsink.

Price :USD$15.80/pcs

120 board with drive :USD$38.50/kit

Best regards

Alwen
    plus about 15-18 for shipping individuals
    60 a piece shipped is not bad

• Like Like x 1
  13. #653 trojangrower, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    I just did a purchase today. Bought two ELG-240-48A drivers that have built in potentiometers, and 8 x LM301B 2 foot strips with double diodes. Should be enough for ~70K lumens. Cost me about $400, but that's with all the nice connectors, extra 4-conduct 16-Gauge wire, hangers... still going to have to buy some u-channel to hang em with.

Each of those modules have 128 authentic, Samsung manufactured LM301C diodes on em. Those were about $30 a pop, but you can get the 1' for about $15. Nevertheless, you are really going to get topbin diodes... and add about $35 for the driver.

It would cost about $95 total for 4 x 64 top bin LM301B (1') strips and a driver that would give up about 17,000 lumens.

*edit - I was talking $CAD funds and shipping was free; suppose to be here in 2 days.

• Like Like x 2
  14. nothing beats red ano, green as a second since it goes with the color of the plants

• Like Like x 1

15. Kingbrite vs Meijiu? Who should I order from when it comes to tax and duties to ontario, canada?

I'm going to compare 2 hlg 260 kits vs 2 alibaba 260 kits and see if theres a difference ( I feel there wont)

First grow ever hit 1.3gpw with the hlg 260s I think you actually commented on it a couple times through the grow.

16. Kingbrite is 380.62usd shipped plus duties and tax

Meijiu is 406.80usd with shipping but sophie says shell help with tax and duties?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Also, would 3x 260w kits be to much for a 5x5? Should I get an 8x4? Going to be the canada legal 4 plants (maybe 6 lol) scrogged. Veg times dont matter to me to fill the area I am in no rush for yield as I know it will be big but that being said I dont want insufficient light leading to shitty buds.

18. Yo Sk420grow,

so... I didn't post here for a while as I was waiting on a couple things. You want to light up the 5x5 ... first off, did you know they created a new cob from HLG? Might want to watch this thread if you haven't.
    second, I've been building kits using strips and I'm thinking its the way to go. I've discovered (for myself) that there's quite a drop in par activity when not directly under the lights, so I started buying supplementary lighting. I've been using the H influx light modules from Samsung that use 100% LM301B diodes. A 2' 96 diodes strip cost me ~ $20. So this is another option; add in the 'first time discount' offered by Arrow.com, you get a reduced price for drivers, modules, etc. I should add that 8 strips (so 16' of lights) cost me less than $400 CAD delivered to my house in less than a week (including drivers and wires and everything else I needed, but not the heatsinks, which I can provide a contact after I received the items).

Also, the 800 boards... how did they compare? I have no problems with the 800 boards.. well other than running them too close. A couple of those in the middle, with some accessory HLG96 might be the way to go.

There's a sale atm at HLG, and I know this is an HLG alt thread, but look here... and that's 1/2 a HLG550, but doesn't include the driver(s). It might be a better way to go to be able to distribute the light more evenly.

Of course a combination of what I showed is totally feasible as well, like 4x 288/304 and a few strips.

Or maybe 4x elite boards + a couple 288s or 800 board. So many options!

19. I all for the diy aspect and I like the idea of new. But I also like uniform. That being said I already have 2x 260 kits so I dont really want to throw something else in there and screw with the par without a meter and start heat stressing certain areas of the tent or something lol so what I was thinking is maybe picking up 1 more 260 kit and hanging them in a row 1 by 1 having 2 plants under each in a 5x5 tent? I feel like they would be a good amount of light considering the overlap in the space which might leave me not needing suppliment lighting. Do you think it will be the sweet spot having 3x 260s in the 5x5? Roughly 30 watts per square foot 2 plants under each

20. 3 will not be overkill. 4 in each corner with a little dimming action of some distance would be great. Its all down to how much you want to spend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1