alternative power for lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KALiBERRRR, May 9, 2006.

1. is there any way to make a lamp work without plugging it into a regular socket, because i want to grow on top of a closet where nobody would look, but there are no sockets there.

2. you could plug the lamp into an extension cord instead of a wall outlet

3. but then that would be visible..

4. The only technical alternative is batteries.
    A UPS or whatever.

These thing also will be visible, for they need recharging from your power outlet.

You also state you want to grow on top of a closet because nobody will look there but :

a. How high is that cealing?
    b. If a cable running to a closet is a problem for you, then how do you figure you will hide the smell and heat exaust? Not to mention the sounds of the fans on your closet.

Sorry dude, but if the chance of getting busted is so high for you, then growing at that location is unwise at least....

5. You mean you would like to have electricity just magically show up at your lamp and power it? Not likely. If you figure it out, let us know.

6. You would need an electrician to hard-wire a socket near where you want it. That means fishing walls, possibly turning the main breaker off for a while, etc. That should cost anywhere from $75-$200 depending on where the nearest tap is, wall construction, etc.

7. rofl ok next plan..

8. just take the risk switch your room around so your bed could be covering the so called outlet

9. Well if you know how to do eletric work, you can buy 220 wiring and wire an outlet into your closet like I did. All you do is feed it from another main from another outlet and make sure the power is off before hand.

I too am a closet grower and I have 2 females that are near done. But other than that, not sure what else to tell you.:confused:

10. go in your back yard and start diging a hole :)