Alternative methods of cooling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Scurvy, Jul 24, 2007.

1. I would like to start a grow in my closet. I have the entire closet to use. It's about 6 1/2 ft tall, 4 ft wide, and 2 ft deep. It's a semi stealth grow, in that it can't make much noise (from noisy fans) and I can't cut big holes in any part of the closet (that includes the walls, doors, and ceiling.)

The problem I've run into though, is temperature. The closet simply gets way too hot for anything to grow in it when the lights are switched on. Most people use fans and ducting for cooling, but that's not really an option for me.

What I want to know, is is there a way to cool the closet down stealthily? I have six 26 watt CFL's in there at the moment (nothing growing though) and the temperature soon rises to over 110 degrees F soon after they've been on for a short while.

Would perhaps some sort of water cooling or even a liguid nitrogen system of some sort work?

Maybe I Could just stick a mini fridge in there and leave it's door open? ;)

EDIT: I DO have a fan in there, but it's a small 7" one. It's mainly for circulating the air inside the closet and strengthening the stems though, rather than for cooling (seeing as it doesn't offer any cooling abilities anyway).