Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alternative heat source to light a bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Backtrack, Nov 9, 2010.

1. So I am getting a little sick of the old butane lighter. Looking for an alternative way to light the bowl on a glass pipe. I was thinking using like a soldering iron or something like that. Looking for what you guys use to spark a bowl?

2. Can't go wrong with matches, I have used a soldering iron though, not bad.

3. ive never tried it, but ive heard that some people use a magnifying glass and the sun... sound pretty cool though haha

try heating up a knife or something similar and using that?

4. I wouldn't use matches personally, they taste wretched if you're smoking for flavor.

Try magnifying glass, lasers, or beeline hemp wicks, I use the thick and original. It's great stuff, beeline, and eventually when you go back to a lighter/fuel it tastes noticeably worse. Your taste buds really pick up on the unpalatable, unnecessary elements in most lighters, once you've smoked your canna without them for a while. Same idea as a vaporizer will eventually ruin your taste for bongs, if you vape too much; you start to enjoy the flavor of the combustion of the herb itself less, when you give your taste buds steady access to cannabinoids without the extras.

Once you haven't tasted lighter fluid for a while, and you've been able to concentrate more on the herb itself, it's tough to go back to butane or bics :)

5. this is the only thing i use.
    works especially good for lighting hash in a bong!!:smoke:

Attached Files:

6. i use Bee Line!

[​IMG]

7. ^^ was about to post that, grab some beeline its like a buck fifty or somethin, and doesnt affect the taste of your medicine!

8. Damn this looks pretty nice. I just gotta figure out where around here will sell it. All on eBay/Amazon but any local bigger stores sell them?

9. Go to the website beelinehawaii ... not sure the policy to linking other stores here so that's all I'll say, but I believe they give a chart showing local retail/vendors.

I have ordered from various places, ebay stocks spools, it's $17.00 or so for 200 feet, just a few pennies extra for the thick-wick which lasts longer. It takes a heavy smoker (me) a long time to burn through a spool.

10. sun + magnifying glass = :hippie:

11. Soldering iron
    go with the soldering iron and the bong

• Like Like x 1
  12. my friend and i wanted to smoke a few bowls after work, we worked in a kitchen and were closing so i had the bright idea to fashion a mini-torch out of a piece of tinfoil, papertowels and oil... we lit it on the toaster... it worked definitely wouldnt recommend it unless youre in a pinch

13. I agree with both the magnifying glass(solar rips) and beeline wick. Solar rips are by far much tastier but kinda hard to do that for every-day toking.
    I just got my beeline the other day and I love it! I could tell the lack of butane right away. I just keep a little oil lamp lit when I'm home and use that to light the beeline. The website also had a video that showed a regular lighter wrapped in a length of beeline for use on the go.
    Never tried soldering iron rips :eek:

14. Torch with a glass wand worked well. It also worked good with hash.

15. Hemp wick is good.