Alternative drying methods

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rolling J, Apr 11, 2007.

1. I realize that the most popular drying technique is hang-dry, but come harvest time I will not have the ability to hang large marijuana buds in my place of residence. I need some advice on alternative methods of drying marijuana. I've heard screens do nicely, and even placing the buds in brown paper bags can work. Any suggestions or personal experiences from those who have dried their buds without hanging them?

2. There are lots of alternative drying methods. A brown paper bag will work just fine. Just give it time to dry completely. Just search the forums for 'drying' or 'curing'.

3. be sure to check into 'water curing' to see if that interests you

4. Alternative to Hanging In Closet
    Big Plastic Tub/Bucket with racks or screen hung inside. Then setup an exhaust & intake - can mod the exhaust to carbon filter to cut down on odors.
    Speedy Choices
    Water Cure - Search forum I posted thread on it the other day.
    Quick Dry - I think there are threads for it but basically take a box and hang racks or screen and then run exhaust fan and intake with 70degree dry air being drawn in.

I made a ghetto dry box for drying some nugget - here is one photo with the lid open (you want it to be dark):
    [​IMG]