Aloe Vera

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by SkunkPatronus, Apr 15, 2011.

1. WeeDroid

When that song filled the airwaves I was an owner of an airfreight operation at LAX (importing papayas from Hawaii) and every morning when I would get there at 4:00 AM the Teamsters would be getting ready to start moving freight on the dock.

As a method of motivating my team I would play Disco Duck (nee Disco Dock) over the intercom system. Pretty fun watching those huggable lugs with their kissable mugs pissing and moaning about my music choices!

"Let's all get busy out there on the Disco Dock guys! We're paying you guys big money so I want to see big results!"

LOL

LD

2. Teamsters. :eek:

Braver man than me. ;)

3. #83 SkunkPatronus, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012

Oh, my gawd, I love it! I worked on a pych ward for a while, well a few of them, and at one hospital we used to pop the theme tape from the movie "Apocalypes Now" into the station tape recorder used for taping report. Then we'd put it under the loudspeaker mike and play it when we were under attack with a full moon or a heavy patient load. A running joke that lasted for years. Before anyone has a chance to do the 'you have no feeliings thing', the circumstances matched the practice, these folks would kill you for a soda pop or a hallucination that said he was to do so. Criminally insane.

4. "It never got weird enough for me" - Hunter S. Thompson

5. #85 LumperDawgz2, Jan 28, 2012
    That line was extrapolated into this scene from the movie about Thompson - Where The Buffalo Roam played by Bill Murray. His first movie I believe.

6. I think comprehension of the English language may be what is not being extracted here.

Until we get some scientific peer-reviewed studies of plant based fungicides used on cannabis, I guess this will have to do :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks!!

I await the results of your study (or even a link to one somebody else has done to support your theory) with the utmost amount of eagerness and anticipation.

7. #87 LumperDawgz2, Jan 28, 2012
    Stankie

So it's not just me - thank God. I had Mrs. Dawg read the study. I had another organic terrorist read it as well.

I also had them read our resident Stoner Student's postings. The main consensus was 'Delusional' and advised that revisiting this issue after the GED is actually bestowed on this genius, enhanced comprehension could be the answer.

That 'Certificate of Completion' is pretty much the equivalent to a middle school diploma.

You hang in there Slugger! It can (should) only get better for you once you free yourself from your addiction to the myths perpetuated by your heroes at Oaksterdam U.

W.P.O.D. defined for another generation of idiots.

LD

• Like Like x 1

8. I was thinking the popular polish drinking song, who stole the keeshka? Or, roll out the barrel. Better yet a combination of these polkas......for some reason sloppy sex and polkas go together....MIW

9. [quote name='"MI Wolverine"']

I was thinking the popular polish drinking song, who stole the keeshka? Or, roll out the barrel. Better yet a combination of these polkas......for some reason sloppy sex and polkas go together....MIW[/quote]

Funny how that works huh? Polka let's you get your groove on. :laughing:

10. Can you say "defense mechanism"?
    You fabricate a plethora of abrogating assumptions about me. How flattering:)
    Maybe you should stick to posting about organics- something you do know.
    I still love you and even if we have to seek professional counseling I believe we can work this out.

Voo

11. Stankie, you did not personally conduct the study, nor post the link, why are you after me about not liking it? I never knew you were so sensitive about the work of others. I will tread lightly on the matter in the future as well as advise others to do the same.

Now, Since my cognnitive ability of comprehension is perceived to be that of a tween. Could you sir, with all your omnipotence, please explain to this child: How a study that does not support the effectiveness of Aloe Vera as a fungicide would encourage others to attempt to use said plant in such a matter?

12. I can handle all the sloppy wet slurpee sex you got. Bring it on!

13. You're trying too hard. ;)

14. has anyone been to silica mountain? online it looks like the one in Oregon is more accessible. i guess there's some silica/quartz. around there.

15. Thank you Chunk, LD, Skunk, and everyone else for the info. I have 2 quick questions.

1. LD, 2 oz aloe juice/gallon is what you recommended as a clone dip (plus other goodies); is this the same for normal vegetative/flowering watering?

2. Is there any risk of over application of aloe?

16. Green_Manotaur

1. Yes - same amount. If you wanted to, you could use the 2 oz. with 1 quart of water for a rooting 'thing' but I definitely would not use that concentration on the soil or as a foliar application

2. Yes - too much of anything is counter productive. The benefit from the various enzymes, amino acids and Secondary Metabolites in aloe vera are used by the plant in small amounts. Low dosage repeated every 7 - 10 days will give you far more benefit than hi-dosing once a month.

Pretty much like everything else in organic gardening - concentrate on the soil components and the rest just fills in the cracks, IMHO

LD

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hell yeah, I bought a bag of that shit the other day when I saw it had the stuff you recommended in an organic soil amendment thread I was reading awhile back. Saving me the extra hassle of getting all these specific ingredients, as individually they are inexpensive but total it adds up to more than the price tag of a 1.5 Cubic foot bag of that stuff. I must add that the drainer beats the crap out of the Fox Fox Ocean Forest I was using before. This stuff drains so fast its insane, within a matter of seconds you'll see leakage out the bottom if you over watered.

18. Thanks! Got pretty much all the answer I was looking for!

Ps, I made a thread yesterday about Aloe looking for info, then I found this one.
    If a moderator would like to delete that thread that'd be fine.

Thanks