Almost done, vent idea/problems

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tescos, Jan 28, 2014.

1. #1 tescos, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Hi there, I have almost finished the vents for my grow... however have problems :(

600w hps, temps get upto 28c inside, so  I need to lower it a little bit.
    The grow area is 45cubic feet

As you can see I've got a cooltube,

I am going to gete a 240m3/h fan+ 5" filter.

As you can see by the pictures I don't have any room to mount the carbon filter, only above the cooltube, So I was thinking:

Use a small amount of duct,  connect that to the cooltube, and the carbon filter will hang above  the cooltube, then after the cooltube I will mount the fan directly onto the cooltube, and duct out onto the vent directly outside.

Do you think this would work?

Carbon filter> Duct>Cooltube>Fan>Duct>Outside

I understand I probably will have  to make a few 90* turns, but i dont think I'd need over 1 metre of ducting.

This is the only way I can think it would work.

I also have a vent directly leading to the outside at the bottom of the grow room, but have blocked it off with duct tape. To promote passive air flow through the door (about 5c ambient)...

Please see picture provided

Blue - fan
    Red - Filter
    Black - Duct

2. #2 GOLDENBOY, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    [quote name="tescos" post="19421415" timestamp="1390905048"]Hi there, I have almost finished the vents for my grow... however have problems :(600w hps, temps get upto 28c inside, so I need to lower it a little bit.The grow area is 45cubic feetAs you can see I've got a cooltube,I am going to gete a 240m3/h fan+ 5" filter.As you can see by the pictures I don't have any room to mount the carbon filter, only above the cooltube, So I was thinking:Use a small amount of duct, connect that to the cooltube, and the carbon filter will hang above the cooltube, then after the cooltube I will mount the fan directly onto the cooltube, and duct out onto the vent directly outside.Do you think this would work?Carbon filter> Duct>Cooltube>Fan>Duct>OutsideI understand I probably will have to make a few 90* turns, but i dont think I'd need over 1 metre of ducting.This is the only way I can think it would work.I also have a vent directly leading to the outside at the bottom of the grow room, but have blocked it off with duct tape. To promote passive air flow through the door (about 5c ambient)...Please see picture providedBlue - fanRed - FilterBlack - Duct [/quote] you didnt add any pictures. But your ducking is pretty much right. I did mine this way before I got my second fan filter→duct→cooltube→short ducting→fan→ducting to outside. I read that your passive -air intake hole should be 1 1/2 - twice the size of your exhaust hole. So 6 inch exhaust hole, 9 inch passive intake hole. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app