Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Almost caught

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FloatinHigh, Jan 20, 2014.

1. OP you did fine handling that situation, now if they had asked to search you and you agreed, then that would have been a different story, but just giving them information wasn't a bad move, in fact it was probably a good thing, less reason to be suspicious of you if you cooperate and tell them your name and address.

2. #22 lFourTwenty, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014

You are absolutely incorrect and you too have obviously never been in a serious situation with a cop. Cops view people asserting their rights as them hiding something.

The more normal you act, the less they are going to suspect you of breaking the law. Like I said, normal people who are law-abiding citizens don't normally start asserting their rights out of nowhere. If you have nothing on you, and you know you can't get in trouble, and you have the time to fuck with the cops - by all means, fuck with the cops.

But we are talking about a police confrontation in a wooded area, where someone probably called the police station and reported suspicious activity. The cops responded like that because there had been burglary in that area previously. OP knew this, and he also knew he had some weed on him. Why would he give the cops any reason to suspect him of doing anything except taking a walk through the woods behind his house?

If OP started off with, "I know my rights and I don't have to give you my information", or "you can't search me." What is the cop going to think? He's going to know something isn't right about you, and now he's going to find out just what it is. Once you start acting like this, the cop is going to call for backup, and the next thing you know, you have just escalated the situation greatly without even meaning to.

3. [quote name="lFourTwenty" post="19373959" timestamp="1390228521"]You are absolutely incorrect and you too have obviously never been in a serious situation with a cop. Cops view people asserting their rights as them hiding something.The more normal you act, the less they are going to suspect you of breaking the law. Like I said, normal people who are law-abiding citizens don't normally start asserting their rights out of nowhere. If you have nothing on you, and you know you can't get in trouble, and you have the time to fuck with the cops - by all means, fuck with the cops.But we are talking about a police confrontation in a wooded area, where someone probably called the police station and reported suspicious activity. The cops responded like that because there had been burglary in that area previously. OP knew this, and he also knew he had some weed on him. Why would he give the cops any reason to suspect him of doing anything except taking a walk through the woods behind his house?If OP started off with, "I know my rights and I don't have to give you my information", or "you can't search me." What is the cop going to think? He's going to know something isn't right about you, and now he's going to find out just what it is. Once you start acting like this, the cop is going to call for backup, and the next thing you know, you have just escalated the situation greatly without even meaning to.[/quote] I agree. I. Tried to be as cooperative as possible to get the fuck out of there asap Sent from my iPhone using Grasscit

• Like Like x 1
  4. #24 ReturnFire333, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014

tldr- Stopped reading at "you are absolutely incorrect", because you are incorrect, and belong in Europe. Goodbye  :wave:

Also, if a cop asks to search me, and I have nothing on me, and I have not comitted a crime? No way in fucking hell am I getting searched. This is fucking America 2014, not 1942 nazi Germany. Go to Europe dude, they allow their rights to be pissed on which seems to be your style, not us over here. 

You clearly didn't read my post because I addressed that hypothetical. You are trying to change your argument now. Have a nice day