Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Allergic reaction? Or just weird reaction to an edible?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by StickyTurtles, Feb 22, 2019.

1. I had this edible, a peanut butter cookie, and after a while my arms and face were very itchy and red, but not red with hives/sores just red like irritated. Im not alleric to peanuts, and I've had other peanut butter type edibles before with nothing like that happening. I'm wondering if it was another ingredient in the cookie or was it some weird reaction to the weed in the edible? Has anyone else had this happen from an edible?

2. Could have been moldy. Tons of growers get away with using moldy material into edibles. Eating certain types of mold like most types in weed can cause rashes and itchiness. Sounds like what ur talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  3. and drink lots of water

• Like Like x 1
  4. It would be odd if it was mold only because it was from a dispensary and in a package.

5. Dispensary goods should have a label and the cannabis used was mold tested.
    Could be the oil used or the Cannabis it's self I have on rare occasions had skin sensitivity to the plant at harvest and even cured buds but it didn't carry over as an edible.

Plant reeked of turpentine-paint thinner but since I grew it I know it was just a random mix of terpenes that was causing it.

BNW