All set up and ready to go

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imageek, May 6, 2016.

1. Feedback much appreciated.

Everything is pretty secure and sturdy even though the bars at the top do look a little weak. They're fine :) The red pole is purely for the fan to keep the light a little cooler.

Temperature is at 87 directly under the light. The light is around 20" so I think I'm cool with that. Might need to get the temps a little lower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Outtake goes straight into the attic.

Going to keep everything running for a couple of days and then get this party started :)

Any feedback much appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  2. looks nice

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks good man, what light set up?

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 imageek, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    600W HPS. A little too much for this tent imho. Temps at plant hight are 85/86, and temps at the canopy under direct light are around 90 (I know I shouldn't test under direct light).

I could do with dropping just a little more to get the ideal temps. Only thing I can think of doing is getting an intake fan but I really don't want to be using more electricity if I can help it.

5. Don't bother with an intake fan, more trouble than it's worth trying to match it with the exhaust cfm to maintain neg pressure in the grow room. Honestly though, a fan isn't going to make much difference in power use when you have a 600 HPS hooked up...

Those temps are a little on the high side but should be OK. In my experience the plants can take pretty big temp variations even if it isn't ideal. You can also run your lights at night to keep temp down.

Is that a 6 inch fan? How big is the tent?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeah it's a 6 inch fan. Tent is 120x120x180. During veg I was going to run a 24 cycle but I think due to temps I will stick to 18/6. I can drop my ballast down to 400W and I think that will make a difference but I really don't want to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Ordering one now. Been sitting in my basket all night contemplating it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Most definitely, you need the cooled hood. Those temps are too high for your plant to stay happy. Heat will kill them just as fast as anything. Do you have plants ready to go into flower yet and you just didn't have your flower setup ready or are you planning on vegging under that light too? That light is only going to be good to flower off about 4 plants...max. So don't overcrowd what lighting you do have. You can get more off a single plant that gets everything it needs than you can by trying to flower 4 in the same space. You just create a ton of shading and nothing below the canopy can get any light to speak of. The size and density of your buds is directly proportional to how much good flower lighting you have per plant. We flower under 1000 watt hps lamps and over the years, I've come to the realization that about 5 or 6 plants is about all I can flower under that light (and even then I have to rotate the plants regularly for even light coverage). Anything more than that robs you of harvest. You need as much air movement in that tent or room as you can produce down low around those plants. It strengthens the plants and it disperses heat. But those temps need to come down some, in my opinion. Anything above the low 80's isn't good. As stated above, run your lights at night when it's overall a cooler environment. And, as the post above said, no equipment add on is going to use power like that light. You want a power bill, try paying mine with 4 1000 waters per room. LOL Get your setup right and make it as good quality as you can afford to put together. You won't regret it. But heat is always a big issue with confined spaces.

I don't know how much grow experience you have, but if it's none or limited, I suggest you put just as much time on researching and learning the grow process as you did on putting your grow setup together. One is no good without the other. You can have an absolute grow palace but not know how to grow the plants and still not get a harvest out of it. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 2
  9. @The Widow White thanks for the response buddy, much appreciated. I've got a cool tube on order now so waiting for that to arrive.

I don't have any plants ready at the moment. I don't even have seeds yet. My main focus right now is to ensure the growing environment is the best it can be before I grow anything in there. It's been unsettling me knowing those temps are at their peak. I've seen people grow decent buds in those temps, but I couldn't do it. I don't have the experience.

If it takes me a month to get it right I'm prepared to wait :) This for me is more like a hobby, something that I am really interested in. I know some people do it for money and what not but where I'm from weed is expensive, and illegal, so if I can avoid having to meet with a dealer and can grow my own good weed then I am golden. Being able to grow the correct strains that help my medical issues is important to me right now.

I was thinking about 4 plants, but I'm now planning on 2. I figured I can get the same yield from growing 2 and they'll probably be easier to manage too. I plan to do some LST to create a nice canopy, and lollypopping to avoid having the plant use its energy in places that don't get good light. I'm a new grower (although I do have experience with growing fruit and vegetables), but I'm mature, and have a lot of patience. It's more about learning an art/craft than it is about growing a few buds. I expect mistakes will happen. Like now, poor planning :p

This place has been good to me, and I truly appreciate the feedback from everyone on here.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nice. I got exact same set up love . I dont bother wi intake either . How may plants ya going for ?? I only av 3 in mine but fimmed and lst and like to give em room. Let us no wat ya will be bangin in.. pic is 2 days into flower taken quite a few days ago xx 20160503_084004.jpg xxx

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi imigeek... sorry. Just seen post just now. On a small phone so scrolled down too quick and missed ya post. Yes 2 is brill if ya lst etc. Ive get 3 and plenty of room . Im always saying less is more and its so true. Ya can get 3 in easy but strain dependentt i suppose too. Good luck love . Ya sound like ya doing all ya can to learn the rite way etc. Patience is a vurtue and sounds like ya got it so u will be ok love . All the best x

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi fogot to mention. If poss get a t5 or something. I only germinate my seed or do clones under a t5 wen been under and stong enough i then put em in tent. But never put ought in tent till its strong and can handle it . Xxx

• Like Like x 1
  13. Damn. I have a similar setup. I should set up my inline fan and carbon filter like that. I got like an andiconda of ducting going right now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I start everything under 600 watter just not 6 inches from the light

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. The first time I set it up it was a bit messy. But I wanted the filter right next to the fan as to avoid any loss of suction. I know bends in the ducting can cause that. Took me ages to take it all down, I had duct tape around the poles to stop the ropes from moving. Took it all down and started again but used cable ties instead. Looks better at least :)

I am just not sure how to set up the cool tube. I feel I might have to have the anaconda ducting because the carbon filter has to go at one end, light in the middle, and then from the light into the filter ... I think. I just hope the light doesnt pull any air in because that will bypass the carbon filter.

I'm open to any ideas.

16. The filter doesn't have to go right beside the blower, I have mine set up with the: filter -> tubing -> hood -> tubing -> hood -> tubing -> blower -> tubing -> attic. Works just as good. I had it set up like yours before but I wanted to get blower out of the room and into a closet to quiet everything down. Something to think about.

17. If I was to move the fan and the filter into the attic, would I lose any suction?

18. You wouldn't lose any suction , but unless your fan is okay to be heated internally I'd put your fan before the tube , what brand of fan is it ?

If your running heat off the bulb through the fan I'd only do it with a RVK or RUCK but that's with my experience of tt fans being ruined through the excessive heat going through them

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

19. My fan:

• Like Like x 1