All my leaves are funky,HELP!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Aidans_Marbles, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Ive upped the calcium and stopped using other nutrients two weeks ago to try and combat this issue, flushed twice and here we are, leaves still getting worse, the two fan leaves have a strange discolored section and some are twisting and clawing, im not over watering and the temps and ph are perfect and consistent. The lights are a foot and a half away,i stopped using nutes when she flowered, been completely healthy since. 1541012522037789065105830879477.jpg 15410126091603967508702252818278.jpg I cant find anything like it when i look it up. Heeelp!

2. Why would you stop giving nutes?

3. Cuz im a beginner and only had vegitative nutes, wasnt giving them it every feed only every couple or so. The dots only came about a week and a half or two ago.

4. And the advice i got from here when i first inquired about the problem was to hold nutes cuz it looked like nute burn, but i dont think so

5. Better to give them veg nutes than no nutes. The flower stage is when they require the most food.
    I'm no expert at diagnosing deficiencies but I can assure you it isn't nute burn. And considering you haven't been feeding them, your problem could be any number of things or a combination of things. The 2 most popular diagnoses for everything are a Cal/mag problem and nute burn. Lol. Good luck.

6. If your temps rh pH is all taken care off then it could be a fungal leaf disease leaf septoria maybe looks similar with your pics was they yellow first then turn brown.

7. Should i remove the leaves? The badly damged ones?

8. Please note you take them leaves your lowering your yields they act like solar panels they are vital I would only recommend taking fan leaves when there all yellow and nearly dead. They recommend to take away all the affected leaves with septoria but just because I think it looks like like a fungal leave disease it doesn't mean it is. Happy growing and good luck... Progrouk

9. absolutely nute problem. Good luck

10. Tips are brown, kinda curling. Looks more so like nutrient toxicity more than too little nutrients. Its almost impossible to give a plant to little nutrients, and very easy to give it too much. Your new growth is fine, because that growth hasn't had time to uptake too much and start burning itself. A sure way to fix it is flush it, then test the run off. its most likely a high ppm, lower it to at least 500ppm, add one small dose of flower nutes then just leave it till your pots light again and continue with normal water. You're most likely over watering too causing it to constantly be taking up a high dose of N. Only water when your pot doesn't have water weight on the bottom, this will ensure no burning and will give no room for this to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Idk what others are thinking but I know for a fact this has happened to me a few times and its nutrient burn. Pretty much every cause of soil growers issues are too many nutes. Plants usually only get deficiencies in hydroponics. Soil is natures gift, no need to modify it with a bunch of concentrated hydro nutes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. [clears throat] LOL
    the top pic looks exactly like over watering issues,
    the leaves r swollen and drooping around the edges and the margins r distorted,

the funky 'dots' on the leaves r from pH fluctuation, your medium is staying too wet,
    when it tries to dry on top the pH swings funny, could be up or down or stay the same, i know right.!

[clears throat again]
    get a cheap moisture meter, $15 anywhere they sell plant stuff,
    test the mix at the bottom where the roots grow,
    if it reads 'wet' leave them alone (no matter how dry the top is),
    when the needle gets halfway down or more in the 'moist' area it is time to water/feed,
    do not let the bottom get down in the 'dry' area or your plants will suffer.

13. when u water 'soil' mixes in containers the water goes to the bottom,
    the top dries and u water again, but the bottom stays wet,
    this is what us old timers call 'wet feet', and cannabis HATES wet feet.!

this is why u have to test the bottom of the pots.!!

14. I do not think this is nute burn - Please continue with Veg nutes (if that's all u have) flowers are hungry!!! especially now. Rule of the thumb - Old growth being effected will be a NKP def. New growth being effected is almost always a micro nutrient def. e.g. Iron/calcium/mag etc.... Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I never test my PH in soil. I never have in years! Soil will naturally buffer itself to the correct PH !

• Agree Agree x 1