All kinds of Terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Who openly accepted what they did?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I should probably add it's who and what groups you deem to be terrorists, to some the IRA, Hamas etc are terrorists but their actions are also politically fuelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. There's been hundreds of copy cat school shootings following Columbine. Seung Hui Cho, Adam Lanza and Elliot rodger were all inspired by Columbine, all tribute artists to the same band.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's quite the stretch in logic and doesn't even go hand in hand. But grasping for similar events will do that.

Do you even remember how the country reacted to the columbine shootings?
    Were you here?
    Were you even alive?

• Like Like x 2
  5. I don't come from the US, but I was alive back at the time .. . lol

I was also alive for the worst mass shooting that has ever occurred in the US.. which happened this year. Everyone was posting about it, especially on Facebook and Twitter.

The Orlando shooting certainly makes us question where we draw the line between mental illness and politically motivated violence.

Actually, being a pacifist .. i think anyone who is prone to violence, with the exception of strict self-defense ..... is mentally ill.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neat.

Are all of the mass shootings linked together by the same motives and same support group?

7. Yep. Socially alienated and emotionally neglected individuals.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Same goes for Islamic terrorists, etc. Research has already clearly demonstrated a pattern amongst ISIS recruits ; lonely, disaffected young men, who want to be noticed by the world around them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #30 jas43, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Those poor poor fellows.

Edit:
    So the tens of thousands of ISIS recruits through the years are all social rejects and are the equivalent of the mass shooters in the US?
    Just to clarify this thought process...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Id actually contend that pacifism is the "mental illness". A random mutation that helps with survival in the modern world.

I mean we're all mammals, still apart of the wheel of evolution. Once upon a time being more violent was more conducive to survival. Whether that be for status, or to battle crazy creatures like Smilodon or the Mammoth.

If things get apocalyptic the violent types are more likely to survive. Although a good experiment would be to see if a small island nation could remain pacifist. Once the food runs out I doubt it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. As they say one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

I attended a rally many moons ago where a leader of the Irish republican movement (IRA) joked that "we wouldn't be doing it right if the British weren't labeling us as terrorists".

• Like Like x 1
  12. How long ago?

13. 25+ yrs.

Why?

14. I was gonna say I hope you didn't take your phone with you, but there were no phones to have 25 years ago lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Is this appropriate here?

Huge Yemeni protest against Saudi Arabia.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. It certainly is. Fuck Saudi Arabia without lube. :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Taliban seizes Khanabad in Afghanistan's Kunduz
    I think it's disgusting that the "professional" Afghan army can let the Taliban take back 2 massive districts especially Helmand after 400+ British lives were lost in another stupid as fuck war.
    Oh well I suppose the price for Afghani Black will fall soon... Even though it's shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. Livestream from Hasakah City.

19. This is what happens when the war is largely unpopular and we pull out before the armed forces in Iraq and Afghanistan are completely prepared. They had sufficient vehicles and arms, yet their training was not adequate enough to take on the Taliban and al-Qaeda. Even the US military, which is heavily trained and armed had trouble with these two groups. We can't expect the same level of professionalism out of the Afghani and Iraqi armed forces with such little training.