All kinds of Terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 17, 2016.

1. On the advise of the honourable ICGreen I have created this thread to have an open and frank discussion on terrorism be it Islamic terrorism, state terrorism or indeed any form of terrorism.

There are no rules (apart from the obvious - forum rules), feel free to post/discuss anything terrorist related be that acts of terrorism carried out by IS, US, etc etc....

Speaking of the US government, their coalition partners Saudi Arabia bombed a hospital in Yemen killing 11 civilians recently.

At least 11 dead after Saudi-led coalition bombs Yemen hospital

• Like Like x 7
  2. The one and only Noam Chomsky.

• Like Like x 5
  3. This was the first TV interview Osama Bin Laden permitted. It was conducted in 1997. Chilling to watch, considering what happened a few years later.

4. Pretty sure bombing hospitals is considered a war crime. Im glad this was posted. Can anyone here be able to explain to me exactly the beef between Yemen and Saudi Arebia?
    I know Iran has been trying to help Yemen, while Saudi is massively backed by both Britain and US.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 SmokinP, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Ansar Allah otherwise known as Houthis launched an attempt to overthrow the Yemen government in 2004. The conflict really kicked off in 2011 with a full blown civil war.

The Houthis are Shia and the Yemen dictator is a Sunni and aligned with Saudi Arabia.

The Saudi's got involved in an attempt to keep their ally in power. The Saudi's are part of a coalition that includes the US/UK and various Sunni Arab countries.

The Houthis are supported by Iran and Hezbollah amongst other groups including a former Yemen president.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you dont have at leasr 3gs cash in your bank account you got problems.

7. "Angela Merkel said on Wednesday that refugees had not brought terrorism to Germany, and that Islam belonged in the country as long as it was practised in a way that respected the constitution.

More than a million people fleeing war and poverty in the Middle East, Africa and elsewhere arrived in Germany last year."

Refugees did not bring terrorism to Germany, says Angela Merkel

8. Jill Stein speaking some truth re Israel....

Israel through it's occupation of Palestinian territories is drawing terrorist attacks upon itself.

9. Instead of taking a statement from a politician attempting to save face, why don't you look at the opinions of the majority of Europeans who believe otherwise? Or do you believe all of those people with a negative or unfavorable view of refugees are bigoted, right-wing xenophobes? Of course all of these refugees aren't horrible people, but believing they're all saints is equally stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Majority of Europeans?
    Where did you pull that from?

And where have I stated that all immigrants/refugees are "saints"?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Please don't delete comments from opposing opinions. It's good to have a liberal perspective on this topic, but deleting people's posts for having different opinions from you is the most conservative thing you can do.

12. Anyway .. are school shooters not considered terrorists? Like .. .. what's the difference between a nutcase who thinks he is doing the right thing, and a nutcase who thinks he is doing the right thing?

13. Personally, I don't know of any group of people or religious organizations that supported the motivation behind the columbine shootings.

14. Political motive, the majority of school shooters have admitted in their manifestos they do it because their life was unfair. Wether it was because they hated material wealth or they couldn't get any pussy.
    A terrorist does it for his god but first for his fighting faction ie FSA, Taliban or ISIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. I guess some mental illnesses are more socially acceptable than others.

• Like Like x 1