All growers read this!!!!!

Discussion in 'Security' started by davidn420, Jun 16, 2012.

1. All growers on grasscity, don't post pic of your crop with an iPhone or android. They use geotagging. Basically, what this means is someone simply needs to change a setting on their iPhone or android, save the picture via the GC forum app, and they can open it up and see exactly where it is in the world through google maps. This is gonna get you busted or get crops stolen. Sorry if there's already a thread but I thought this was important for you to know.

2. This is brand new information that has not yet been posted about multiple times.

3. its very simple to turn off geotagging in your phones settings. on the iphone it's settings>location services>camera>off.

now you can use your iphone safely

4. [quote name='"frankenfish"']its very simple to turn off geotagging in your phones settings. on the iphone it's settings>location services>camera>off.

now you can use your iphone safely[/quote]

Thanks a lot! I opted out o my grow journal cuz this but maybe I'll do it now... Maybe

5. glad i could be of help! :hello:

6. I shut that off a long time ago..

7. attention all tokers weed is illegal!

8. However, you could just open up each image and press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard and paste it into paint. That way there will be no geo-tagging associated to the picture whatsoever. ;)

9. [quote name='"CheekySensei"']

However, you could just open up each image and press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard and paste it into paint. That way there will be no geo-tagging associated to the picture whatsoever. ;)[/quote]

Yeah I just meant don't do it directly from your phone