All drugs the same.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by climbingtrees, Oct 25, 2009.

1. So I have this bet with this kid I don't like at all, so I just want to take his money. But he said that all drugs do the same thing chemically, that they flood your brain with dopemien (sp?) I said that they don't. I said that that marijuana for example, it's the thc that goes into your brain, who is right? And can anyone give me a link to a website that says this?

2. does thc release dopamine? - Google Search

It's kind of hard to say. Dopamine is released when you do something that feels good like eating and having sex. A lot of drugs mess with whatever part of your brain that is incharge or releasing dopamine, and make it release a ton of it, which is why you feel good when you get high. I'm not sure if this is the case for thc though. The first link says it is, but I'm pretty sure that's just a propaganda site. Second link says it makes your brain release it naturally because it's pleasurable. He doesn't site a source, so it's not reliable. The third site, which look the most reliable, says, "cannabis use may increase dopamine release in the human striatum". Overall, it seems like no one is really sure.

3. Oh he's wrong you're right. Look at this site: only the facts.

Mouse Party

4. well he is right with that argument... but that is only one thing that all (most...) drugs have in common. They all get you high. but in this case... THC stimulates the cannabinoid receptors in your brain, in turn, stimulating the release of dopamine.
    all drugs essentially get you high, but are vastly different in terms of what they do to your body.

5. Well it's about chemically what they do, he said they just release dopamien, the thc he said just triggers dopamien and that gets you high, but the different drugs change how the dopamine acts, so then I'm right then? And dopamine is always going through your body it said, so then everything triggers dopamine, but thc still is chemically acting on your brain, and it's not the dopamine, so I'm right I guess.

6. Now that site has better pictures!:)

7. mouse party lol tht shit is awesome.

8. Notice how the mouse smoking weed is just spaced out while everyone else is tripping

9. I want those mice as pets!:cool:

10. Yeah bro your right :hello: