All about lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jiggajuice420, Feb 24, 2016.

1. ok so I'm a new to growing and new to the forum I will stick around aND post pics of the grow process as I see this is my new home for advice and information. As this is my second attempt with 3 more seeds (last round I believe was cooked/dehydrated), I want to ensure they get the most while not harming them.

I have 3 of these:
    Sunlite PS30 300 watt Incandescent medium based PS30 high wattage bulb works with most 130 volt lighting fixturesandamp;amp;nbsp; This Floodlight will provide 3600 lumens of light output.

And 3+ of 100 CFL bulbs

The 300w bulbs give alot of heat btw. Currently I have 2 cfls and 1 300w. 2 plants are about half inch tall and one will be breaking ground tomm or tonight.

They are in a cardboard, emergency blanket covered grow box with ventilation moving amd lights about 8 inches above.

Standard organic soil and distilled water is all that's present as they were just planted yesterday. Was debating on switching to 18/6 due to reading about it. All and any feedback is welcome.

Happy growing and glad to be here.

2. Hey man. I also just started with a CFL bulb. 250W 6500K.. Did my first ever grow with a 400W HPS from seed to harvest..

- Imagine a World in Peace -

3. 3600 is to warm.. U need blue light (4-6k) and incandescent are rather a waste of energy bro

4. so you're saying I should out of the three lights 2 100 cfls and 1 300w light above, remove the 3p0w and replace it with another 1ppw cfl??

5. Well to be honest if I could reverse it I would get smaller CFL lights and get them very close. Because if you are growing more than 2 I think it is too hard to keep them close

I have 11 Liter pots that's why

6. To be honest I wouldn't advise that as well :D All things I want to do next grow