Aliens Woot!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by marleygirl, Dec 5, 2012.

1. So who else believes in Aliens?

2. That's fucking sickk where can I get one? And I do

3. There must be some form of life out there, but there's no guarantee it wouldn't just be bacteria or fish like beings. Nothing like you'd probably imagine.

4. They did find organic matter on mars, but Im talking alternate galaxies, I was in the military for a while so you would be surprised what the government is hiding, I will tell you this much the craft the crashed in rosswell new mexico, we can not burn it or cut it, there technology is far more advanced than ours, yall should check out the latest episode of Decoded.

5. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if theirs millions of other galaxies, for all I know where just the cancer on someone's toe or a fungus on an apple in someone elses galaxie, how high up were you in the military? I have some friends that are in spec ops but not that high up where they can get info on classified weapons and technology, or maybe they can but can't tell me lol

6. This is the Earth. When you look at it this way, the Earth itself is a tiny, tiny fragment of the entire universe. It's like the size of a minuscule birthmark on your body. So, what are the odds that other species ("aliens") do NOT exist? I'd say extremely slim.

[​IMG]

7. Oh, aliens certainly exist. It's way more likely they do than they don't, statistically speaking.
    Do alternate universes count? I was reading this the other day and found it very interesting. It's likely life would exist in those, too, especially as it implies we're not just one of a few. If one other universe exists, it's also likely more will exist.

But nevermind all that; I bet that bong would be a NIGHTMARE to clean!

8. the way i see it: if we exist why wouldnt somthing else exist out there? its pretty anthropocentric to think we are the only advanced organisms.

9. I know there could be, but why does there have to be? It's probably 1 in an infinitely huge number chance that we exist. I know it's still possible, but shit does happen. Maybe we are one off? It doesn't seem too radical to think that.

1. I believe the odds greatly favor there being other life in the universe.
    2. I believe that the odds that there is other intelligent life in the universe to only be slightly less, and...
    3. I believe that the odds that there is intelligent life in the universe more advanced than us to be only slightly less than #2,

10. [quote name='"marleygirl"']

They did find organic matter on mars, but Im talking alternate galaxies, I was in the military for a while so you would be surprised what the government is hiding, I will tell you this much the craft the crashed in rosswell new mexico, we can not burn it or cut it, there technology is far more advanced than ours, yall should check out the latest episode of Decoded.[/quote]

I sorta loled at this post. So because you were in the military you know the governments secrets? What were you assigned to, super secret alien missions? I'll ask my marine friend how much the government told him, as they tell all military their alien secrets.

But all that aside, yeah I believe in aliens. Intelligent? Maybe, but there is definitely some live forms out there on more than one planet.

11. Let me just put it this way:

If one human exists, then that would mean that more humans exist. Now increase the scale of that to a species. Then to a planet full of species.

If there's one, there is more. In this case.

Something as complex as us, yet made of basic organics. Think about it.

We are not alone. Never was, never will be. We'll be far gone while another one of the trillions of civilizations will look up at THEIR sky and wonder if anyone or anything is looking back.

This is statistics. This is science. People better get used to the fact that we may not be alone and that all kinds of life are ubiquitous throughout the Universe.

Like I said - it's math.

Now, as far as aliens being able to actually TRAVEL to other civilizations (including ours and our planet), that's a whole 'nother thing. The spaces between stars are too far. It's possible that while there may be trillions upon trillions of planets full of life (from remedial to extremely complex), they all may never be able to communicate with eachother because of the sheer distance.

But there I go talking like an Earthling. Who am *I* or anyone else to assume that faster than light travel does or doesn't exist?

But they're out there, you'd better believe it. We don't know what kind or what they would even look like, but ask any scientist. They will say that the chances are extremely high, if not yes. But that's as far as they will go, and I'm with them.