Aliens protecting us?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by TheHolyCannabis, Aug 29, 2010.

1. It's obvious that there are aliens somewhere in the Universe, perhaps aliens are watching Earth every second, maybe even protecting it from the dangers of space. They could even be protecting us from distrurctive aliens or changing the path of asteroids that are hurling straight for us. Maybe in the future when Earth is overpopulated aliens will transport us to a different planet and teach us their ways.
    Opinions?

2. I heard somewhere (perhaps History Channel's "Ancient Aliens") that something... aliens implied... had shot down nuclear test missiles. I don't know much more on the topic of alien protection but if The Bible and Quran are in fact accounts of alien encounters, then perhaps we are being watched over. Would be a pretty comforting feeling.

3. I feel quite the opposite. I find comfort in the fact that we have kept ourselves alive in the midst of our quite destructive universe, and our own destructive behavior.

We have lived through ice ages, super volcanoes, nuclear weapons, and over population (just to name a few things). There was even a genetic bottleneck period where the human population was reduced to nothing but a couple thousand, and we survived.

Fuck aliens, humans are the bomb.

4. yeah... but they have way better spaceships :rolleyes:

5. perhaps, perhaps not

phew, well that was an invigorating discussion!

6. i love this concept. never have i thought of that before.

7. No idea. I've been watching a lot of Stargate of late, and have definitely thought about it. That species, that basically look like "greys"... (i.e. the real "Thor" from those "Thor's Hammer/Hall" episodes) are the protectors of the universe. It's cool to think that, that sort of shit is going on, and it is why there are so many sightings.

All the massive meteor hits on Earth, seem to be from waaaaay back, before anything remotely human was walking the Earth. It's interesting. Mind you, our time here has been short. I'm sure that there were hundred thousand year gaps between major meteor hits back in the single-cell organism days.

They're not really protecting us from ourselves though...but yeah, it's probably one big controlled experiment for them. When you were a kid, watching a spider killing/cocooning a fly, you didn't exactly want someone ending the show with fly-spray or something.

8. The only thing out there protecting us from asteroids is Bruce Willis.

There are many instances of UFO sightings taking place during missile test launches or other nuclear testing. If we have been watched by ETs during the 20th and 21st centuries, these sorts of activities and technology would be of particular interest to our visitors.

9. This has crossed my mind before too, I think they are doing everything in their power to make sure we don't go extinct. There's all that Alien crossbreeding stuff and what not. You know what? I think the Asians are in Cahoots with the aliens!

10. I definitely believe they have and still do visit our planet. I agree with one of the other posters and think its a expierment and don't want us going instinct.

11. extinct.

12. There are definitely aliens out there. Our galaxy alone, let alone the ENTIRE universe, (which is infinite, and, I believe, one of an infinite number of universes in the multiverse) is far too large for there NOT to be aliens. Based on sheer numbers and probability, suggesting that there are no aliens is to suggest a near impossibility. There are simply too many stars to say that not even one of them has a habitable planet orbiting it. And what constitutes "habitable" anyway? We think of life as carbon-based, oxygen-breathing, water-drinking. But on this very planet, on this great Earth, there are microorganisms that thrive in acid, in fecal matter, in temperatures ranging from almost absolute zero to volcanic. If life wasn't infinitely adaptable and varied, you'd never have to worry about your apple pipe sitting out too long and growing vast living colonies of mold. In other words, THERE IS LIFE EVERYWHERE.

There are some who believe that there are people on this Earth whose souls originated on other planets. They were born and spent their first lives on another planet, perhaps in another solar system or another galaxy or another dimension altogether, and when they died, they reincarnated on this Earth. Maybe they just want to experience life on this planet, or perhaps they have some mission here, to help us lowly humans evolve into something more spiritually aware?

If this is the case (and I think it is) then I definitely think those other races would have a vested interest in human welfare. If a close family member went to live in another country, one that was under threat of attack or self destruction on a daily basis, wouldn't you be worried about that country's safety? To those who have family in Iraq, don't you worry about what's going on in that country every minute of your life?

I could go on forever about this. If I wanted to. But what does everyone else think?

13. There are aliens
    When we die we go to a Heaven created by their technology.
    Source: Been there, done that