alice in chains thread

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by xmodnarx, Jun 23, 2005.

1. come hither fellow stoners and spread the love that is alice in chains

ha some of my favorite songs include brother, got me wrong and no excuses. Anyone ever see the unplugged show? i really liked thier sound acoustic, sounds really rich.

2. I love sickman...brilliant song

3. im watchin a show from them live at the silver dollar saloon on 8/91

4. Old, old thread... Yes, I know.. I felt this needed to be brought back to life seeing as

they have recently announced a new album on the horizon titled "Black gives way to

blue" It will be released 9/29/09, just about 14 years after the release of thier last

album.

What do you think, do they still have something up their sleeve, even without the late

Layne Staley? I think the replacement vocalist did an excellent job doing covers the last

few years, but can they turn out a fresh new album without Layne? I'll reserve my

judgement until I hear the full album, but I'm not so sure.. Anyway, here's a song off

the coming album.. Let me know what you think..
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnBEXTuUca0"]YouTube - Alice in Chains- A Looking In View * NEW SONG*[/ame]

5. I think the new song is sollid. DuVall is never going to be able to replace Staley, but it's still a good song.

My favorite album is Facelift, but I really love all of their songs. Sea of Sorrow, Nutshell, Confusion, We Die Young, Don't Follow, and Sunshine are some of my favorites.

6. Nobody likes Rooster?

7. It's a pretty good song. I don't listen to Dirt much, though, for some reason. It's got a ton of great songs. Would?, Junkhead, Rain When I Die, Rooster, Them Bones, Angry Chair...

Hell, that whole album is great.

8. i think dirt is their best album...rooster is the song that got me into AIC...i also really like dirt the song...its got a really heavy riff

9. Dirt is real good song.. i have to say Dirt is the most depressing of them all

i have favs from just about every album. man in the box, rotten apple, I Stay Away,, grind, head creeps, God Am, So close

Jars of Flies is probably one i liked the most.

I saw them live like two years ago ath the Gorge in WA

Duvall's vocals are very good,.... The harmonization between Layne and Jerry were one of things i loved about the band.

They will never be the same without Layne

RIP Layne Staley
    soory hah i'm pretty baked :p

10. i like mad season

11. AIC is the best of the Big Four grunge bands, imo.
    Nutshell is my favorite song from them.

12. + REP
    I totally forgot about SAP "Right Turn" crazy vocal symphony in the outro

13. Alice In Chains is the shit, if it wasn't for Facelift I wouldn't have ever picked up a guitar.

14. mad season's album is probably my most played of all time. as much as i love aic, mad season to me is diamond in the rough. if it weren't for laynes drug addiction im sure they would have put out 2 or 3 more great albums..

the aic albums to me, have always separately gone well with the different seasons in the year.
    i love how jar of flies and sap have that melancholy feeling to it that instantly cheers me up on a dreary fall day. facelift + alchohol keeps me warm during the winter times. while dirt is listened to outside in the spring/summer sitting by a campfire.. self titled can kind of be thrown in anywhere (but then again they all can).. and as much as i love the remaining members of the band. i wish they would hang it up for good..

15. long gone day is fuckin beautiful

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jX1KAKp78]YouTube - Alice In Chains - Love, Hate, Love[/ame]

Duvall will never be anything like Staley

17. Nutshell is the most depressing song of theirs, I'd say.

18. true that

19. i meant dirt the album, being the most depressing