Ali vs Tyson

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by RVD420RVD, Feb 12, 2012.

1. #1 RVD420RVD, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    Both in their prime, who do you think would take it?

I mean, I really can't pick. I can see both dudes taking it.

2. I would have to go with Ali, because he could take a punch.

3. it would be another thriller in manilla.

4. Tyson would just bite his ear off

5. Ali had a series of documentaries broadcast last month, and i must say he doesn't look half as clinical as someone of this era, but i'd still bet on him.

He'd probably troll Tyson into a blind rage and one bomb him.

6. Imo Mike Tyson in his prime was the best boxer of all time.

7. Never lived through the ali era so naturally i'd take tyson in his prime only becuase we used to orders those ppv all the time.

8. Ali would be the worst kind of matchup for Tyson, a tall boxer that wouldnt be intimidated by him, who has long reach and excellent foot movement and a granite chin. These kind of boxers were always the bane of Tysons existence, and I could see by the later rounds Tyson would be getting outclassed and looking for a way out.

9. #9 Pastivity, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
    If Ali let Iron Mike hit him to try to "wear him down"
    Ali would prob retire afterwards

10. mike tyson all day

11. tyson would try to bite his ear off and ali would skin him clean

12. Ali even said once Tyson would beat him

13. Ali for sure.

Tyson has always had a problem with taller boxers who had decent speed and power.

And although Tyson always had a hell of a punch, I wouldn't say he was much stronger or threw a heavier punch than George Foreman.
    If there was an Ali vs Tyson fight, the only chance Tyson would have is an early round knockout. And I just dont see Tyson knocking out Ali.
    Ali Would eventually wear him down like he did foreman and destroy him in the later rounds.

14. Ali in his prime was unbeatable. He is The Greatest.

15. Ali no doubt but you also gotta realize how much trouble Frazier gave Ali, a shorter boxer who punches hard. It would be an interesting fight

16. it would be a great fight.

What I thought would always be a great hypothetical fight is Joe Louis versus Ali.
    Louis was from the old school boxing era, but Ali and Louis have similar body styles and also vaguely similar fighting styles.

17. Classic debate of skill, vs power. I think Ali could take it because he was notorious to dodging his opponents and tagging them. He might not knock Tyson out, but I totally see him evading the man, and getting in jabs thereby winning it by points.

18. [quote name='"ILLOGIK"']it would be a great fight.

What I thought would always be a great hypothetical fight is Joe Louis versus Ali.
    Louis was from the old school boxing era, but Ali and Louis have similar body styles and also vaguely similar fighting styles.[/quote]

Nah Louis's style was way different he was a hard hitter with knockout power in both hands. He had good footwork but nothing like Ali's

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78hdxpRfws]The Subtle Skills of Joe Louis - YouTube[/ame]

20. Tyson, in his prime he was an animal, people say if he were smarter he would have even been better